Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Samantha Weasley
No broom
Location: THE BEST HOUSE..............................SO ITS GOT TO BE GRYFFINDOR GO LIONS GO!!!&#

Post by Samantha Weasley »

hp
lotr
cyote ugly
the others
pearl harbor
a walk to remember
bring it on
save the last dance
mrs. doubtfire
brave heart
grease
master of disquise
and i realy want to see sweet home alabama
samantha weasley

Tags:
Tesi Granger

Post by Tesi Granger »

Hey hey hey hey
I love Comedies any sort but one of the best I have seen so far was.................. ZOOLANDER!!!!!!!!! yeah blue steal Magnum funniest movie then again I have yet to see Auston Powers gold member but i seen same from the trailers like...Mole mole mole mole and Mole.
"Maybe there is more to life then being very very very very very...Ridiculously good looking"That was from Zoolander I'm not that Conceided
Emma Jean Taylor

Post by Emma Jean Taylor »

Pride and Prejudice BBC Miniseries with Colin Firth! WOOHOO!
Harry Potter, of course /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Also, let's see ... The American President, very excellent, and Moulin Rouge!
I love all sorts of movies. And as said at the beginning=Hook was excellent, too!
Theresea Lopez
No broom

Post by Theresea Lopez »

I just thought of more!! OK Ever After, The Princess Bride and The Man That Knew Too Little!! heheh those are really great!! I can't believe I forgot them!!

TLO
Theresea Lopez
~*First Year~th309~Gryffindor Cheerleader~HOL Obsessed*~
Bianca James

Post by Bianca James »

has anyone ever seen cruel intentions? I watched it with Theresea Lopez last weekend it is kinda old and kinda nasty at times but i still like it!
Brittany Mae
No broom

Post by Brittany Mae »

My list of favorite movies is so long. Narrowing this down was nearly impossible! So, I didn't. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

1) The Patriot (Heath Ledger *sigh* and I LOVE the American Revoltion)
2) West Side Story (gotta love the dancing)
3) Forrest Gump
4) LOTR
5) The Mummy & The Mummy Returns (who doesn't love ancient egypt?)
6) The Gladiator
7) Center Stage (im a dancer /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />)
8) Shakespeare in Love
9) Mr. Holland's Opus
10) Signs (everyone msut go see this--i was so freaked out that i began to cry /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />)
11) The Little Mermaid /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
12) The Virgin Suicides (soo cool...really makes you think)
13) The Shining
14) The Sixth Sense
15) 10 Things I Hate About You & A Knights Tale (...heath ledger /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> Four Feathers will surely be added after I see it tonight)
16) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (although I was disappointed in a trillion things)
17) Jurassic Park (curse the idiot who decided to make the sequels though)
18) Beauty and the Beast (the all-time Disney classic in my opinion)
19) Billy Madison
20) all Monty Python

and I believe that's more than enough from me...im out

~~Britty~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wand: Cedar, 14 inches, Billywig Sting
*Brittany Mae*br037*ravenclaw*
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality. --Jules de Gaultier
Prof. Ashlee Sully
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ashlee Sully »

Alicia Comaneci wrote:I loved Pearl Harbour!! /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />
Omigod I totally agree with you, it is my all time favourite movie. I love Josh Hartnett /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> Sorry he is my ultimate celebrity crush. But I also love Pearl Harbour because of the story line, it makes me cry watching it. But yeah I love the Harry Potter movies but Pearl Harbour will always be my fav!

[Edited to combine posts]
Stupid me was talking all about Pearl Harbour I forgot some of my toher favourites. Here goes

Spiderman
Not Another Teen Movie
Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets (well it will be soon
tongue.gif)
X-Men
Mystery Men
Story of Us
Don't tell Mum the Babysitters Dead
Armageddon (outta here)

I have many more and could go on forever but I won't.......... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ashlee /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Rikhard Finn
No broom

Post by Rikhard Finn »

Brittany wrote:17) Jurassic Park (curse the idiot who decided to make the sequels though)
I don't think that Jurassic Park 2: The Lost world was so bad (allthough it can never beat Jurassic Park 1). But I agree, Jurassic Park 3 was not good. In JP 3 you could tell almost every time what was going to happen. Good to see that other people here at HOL enjoyed the film.
"Listen to music, not rumours"
~Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P.)
Ron Squeeksley
No broom

Post by Ron Squeeksley »

My favorites are like, The lion King, Akira, and Monty Python (holy grail).
Then would come more secondary favorites I think.....which would include alllll the movies everyone else said. along with most every musical like Oliver! and Newsies and Rocky Horror, and whatever else just cuz I like to sing... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Ron Squeeksley - Weasle
Prof. Ashlee Sully
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ashlee Sully »

Sometimes when you have sequels for movies like JP they are never seem to be as good as the ones before. but I think Harry Potter will be better this time round.........

Ashlee
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Mia Phoenixfeather
No broom

Post by Mia Phoenixfeather »

Oh, I LOVE Pearl Harbor. I cried so much when I saw it. The girl next to me in the movie theatre kept staring at me, since I don't know how to cry silently /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> AWESOME, amazing movie!

10 things I hate about you, Three to Tango, Mulan, A Bug's Life, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, HP, and Runaway Bride are also great.

~mia
~ * Mia - Gryffindor Lioness * ~
'Goodnight Moon' Banned for Encouraging Children to Communicate With Furniture.
Arwyn

Post by Arwyn »

Def LOTR's and HP, and uhm cheesyness calls, I like What Dreams May Come, cause I think it's so beautiful and perty and yes, because cool.
Emmy Walker
No broom

Post by Emmy Walker »

My fav films are:
Spy Kid 1 & 2;
Little Mermaid 1 & 2
Shrek (I don't believe it, no-one else has put this down, is it my weird sense of humour?)
Swiss Family Robinson
Beauty & the Beast (& the stage show, which isn't a film, but you know what I mean /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )
... most Disney films in fact.
and Anastasia was quite good too.

I've seen some of the Matrix and I though the martial arts were cool.

- Emmy
Emmy
** HP for Ever **
and ever... and ever... and ever.. and ever... and ever...
Pit Ermione
No broom

Post by Pit Ermione »

My fav films are:
- Grease
- Mary Poppins and all Disney's
- Moulin Rouge

and .....................HARRY POTTER!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Harry Parme
No broom

Post by Harry Parme »

Pit Ermione wrote:My fav films are:
- Grease
- Mary Poppins and all Disney's
- Moulin Rouge

and .....................HARRY POTTER!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Pit, you forgot Chicken Run!!! you should have liked that!!
I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Post by Guest »

Oooh, my favorite topic! Okay, here goes - not necessarily in order of importance, except for number 1:

1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Age of Innocence (I know many people think it is too long and too boring... but I think it's one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen)
3. Memento
4. Sense and Sensibility
5. The Wings of the Dove
6. The Usual Suspects
7. Out of Africa
8. Sleuth -- an older movie, came out in the 70's I believe - but if you want a movie with a great twist, this is it!
9. The Red Violin
10. Bridget Jones's Diary

Other faves: Bandits, Casablanca, Glory, Elizabeth,The Talented Mr. Ripley, A.I., Little Women...
Andromeda Black
No broom

Post by Andromeda Black »

OMG !! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I was begining to think that no one was going to say Legend with Tom Cruise !! Luxie, to the rescue ! If you haven't see Legend, you must go rent it now ......... what are you still sitting there for, go rent it !! Well, okay, I guess you can finish up here at HOL, but then you gotta scram !
/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Movies, movies, movies ... so many to choose from ... some of my favs are:

~Legend !!
~Willow -- this is another one I am surprised I didn't see!
~HP
~LOTR
~10 Things I Hate about you
~A Knight's Tale
~Fools Rush In
~You've Got Mail
~My Fair Lady
~The Sound of Music
~Grease I and II
~all of the Star Wars movies
~The Wedding Singer
~Never Been Kissed
~Frequency (very good !! If u haven't seen it ~~ do so after you watch Legend)
~Mr. Holland's Opus

So many more that I could name .... but not enough room! Now go rent Legend, Willow and Frequency and have a big movie nite!!

~Andi
Rhianna Undomiel
No broom

Post by Rhianna Undomiel »

Oops! I didn't know I wasn't signed in -- I'm the "guest" above who likes so many weird movies most people haven't heard of. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Well, as long as I'm posting this, I might as well add some other favorites that I forgot!

Interview with a Vampire, Spy Game, Sleepy Hollow and Ed Wood (love Tim Burton!), and of course Star Wars -- how could I forget that one?
Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley and that's saying something.
Seth Riot

Post by Seth Riot »

Me? I like a lot of movies but what I like the most is .....
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE!!
I even bought the book!!! Gawrsh....It's sooooo goood...
even though I have yet to finish it./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
I'm also searching for a DVD copy...

Oh yeah, other movies I like are HPSS(of course), LOTR, Spiderman, Austin Powers: Gold Member and The Matrix./cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I can't remember anymore movies that I like...
(I have a BIG memory problem) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
so...that's all! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Ninf Amneris Vilkiggs

Post by Ninf Amneris Vilkiggs »

mmmhh... movies that I like....

well I like
Interview with the vampire
A league of their own
All Disney's
Harry Potter
The Lord of The Rings
Sweet November
The others
and a mexican movie that is called Como agua para chocolate (it's like "like water for chocolate", or someting like that... if anyone knows how it would be in english, correct me if I'm wrong please /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

ohhh I can't remember the others but there are more, I'm sure of it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Return to “Movie Talk”