What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Adaleine Shuster

Re: What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

The last movie that all the way through(ish) was the first Fantastic Beasts. It wasn't my first time seeing it, and it wasn't great. I saw Top Gun earlier today as well, but only really watched half an hour of it. Again, not my first time seeing it. I know that nobody has discussed "Inside Out" in a little while, but I do have some things that I feel like mentioning about it. I saw it when it first came out, and I did not like it. At all. Maybe if I decided to watch it again I'd like it. I really loved Lava (the short film at the start of the movie), as the music was amazing.

Tags:
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

The last movie I saw was Spooky Buddies. I love dogs and like Halloween movies. At first, I didn't want to watch it. But it's better than I thought it would be. Also saw Life of Pets 2, that was a funny movie. Saw the first one too, but think the second one was better. But I have to say, the 2 best movies that I have seen recently was Pokemon Detective Pikachu and the real life version of Aladdin. I knew I would probably like Detective Pikachu even if it wasn't that great just because it's pokemon.
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

The Last Movie I watched was actually The Empire Strikes Back. It's been a long time since I've seen the Star Wars movies, and a friend gave me Kindle copies of the books, so I figured it was time for a revisit. You just can't go wrong with Star Wars! Incidentally, since reading the books I have a newfound soft spot for Chewie. "Let the Wookie win" is one of my favorite quotes ever.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

The Last movie I watched was The Secret Life of Pets. I got this movie from one of my cousins who said it was pretty good and for me it was excellent ! Mostly I liked the silly things the pets did when their owners left the house and the adventures they went together to save Max and Duke who are the main characters of this movie apart from Gidget, Chloe,Mel, tattoo,Snowball and others. This really did made me wonder what did my puppy does when I go out like the movie said. Anyway I really love the movie so much with the Pets 2 movie released I'm so much excited to go and watch it.
Lorence Alwood
No broom

Post by Lorence Alwood »

The last movie I watched was Spirited Away, by Studio Ghibli! I haven't seen it since I was a kid, so watching it was super nostalgic. Chihiro is such a cute and relatable character, and all the art in the movie is so pretty. I cried a couple times, I won't lie.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Endgame - bluray with commentaries -

I love you 3,000.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Veillamoria Auguren Riddle
No broom

Post by Veillamoria Auguren Riddle »

My latest movie I watched was the new Lion King.
Shiloh Adlar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 am I just got done watching Inside Out tonight, and I must admit, although a little odd at times, it definitely makes my list of favorite animated films. I related to it personally, and I found it to be very inspiring. These are always my favorite types of movies, the ones that make me feel or think strongly on a certain topic. It made me re-think a lot of things going on right now and that maybe they're not as bad as they seem. I just have to let go of the things I can't change and find joy in those things that I still can.

So what's the latest movie you watched that rang some sort of bell within you and for what reason? Did it inspire you? Did it make you think? Maybe it made you laugh really hard on a day that you needed it, or maybe it was just a good film that you want to recommend. Let us know!

Noe Summerset
No broom

Post by Noe Summerset »

The latest movie that I have watched id Beetlejuice. I know its kind of old but everybody was talking about in school luckily my mom had the movie in her closet and one I've watched I couldn't get over it. It does have some inappropriate language and gestures but its still a very fun movie to watch with the family.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I just watched "Candyjar" on Netflix and it was amazing! It did have the stereotypical "boy and girl fall for each other" at the end but it was still really good and brought up some interesting debate topics!
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

The last movie I watched was "Coach Carter", which was a really inspiring movie about a basketball coach who managed to both turn his team into a very successful one on the court, but also managed to get the players' grades up by insisting that they were students first and athletes second and winning their respect in the course of the year.

I'm a bit on a sports movies spree at the moment I guess: I watched "Walk, Ride, Rodeo" lately too and also "Miracle Season", both of which are also very good movies.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

We watched the first Jurassic Park movie last night. I'd seen bits and pieces of it at a hotel once, but couldn't stay focused on the movie, so some parts of it looked familiar when re-watching and some were entirely new. I had been told beforehand that it was super creepy, but I'd been told that about Jaws and my siblings and I just found the shark rather fake looking and therefore made it kind of... funny, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I am quite a baby when it comes to any movies I find disturbing and have a hard time sitting through them. However, the dinosaurs were pretty realistic looking in my opinion, so the movie did have its slightly disturbing parts, but it was really great! An amazing way to end the evening, with man-eating dinosaurs :lol: I really want to see the other Jurassic Park's as well since quite a few people seem to have really enjoyed them.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Ruby Green
No broom

Post by Ruby Green »

The last movie I have watched was The Return of the King, from Lord of the Rings. I absolutely love the series and find it amazing.
Rune Valentine
No broom

Post by Rune Valentine »

I watched Dazed and Confused for the first time yesterday. Great coming-of-age movie, love the music and LOVE the 70's Hippies Era. But wow, the movie has no set plot!
Elizabeth Opal
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Opal »

The last movie I watched was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Although I have seen it many times, it never disappoints. There are so many great fight scenes, and the storyline is intriguing. I enjoy mystery, and I feel like this movie has some of this included.
However, I might be biased. I am a huge Marvel fan, and I am always down to rewatching the movies.
Aphrodite Lily James
No broom

Post by Aphrodite Lily James »

being British and all :lol: I just watched PERFECT 10 last night. I must say it's kinda boring but as you get deeper in the story it gets interesting. I suggest it, but must warn you if you are easy triggered by relation between siblings you might not want to watch it. ^_^
Beatrix Moonlight
No broom

Post by Beatrix Moonlight »

I know I am late big time, but the latest movie I watched was Django Unchained. I know I am like 7-8 years late, but I must say if you have not watched it, you are missing out. The plot stirred up an unimaginable variety of emotions in me. You cannot stay indifferent about the movie. You can like it, you can hate it, but you cannot remain indifferent. Classic Tarantino!
Alexa Winters
No broom

Post by Alexa Winters »

I think the last movie I watched was Knives Out and absolutely loved it. I thought it was hilarious, especially Chris Evans' character, and adored the ending. The accent Daniel Craig's character had though I thought was just ridiculous but at the same time added to the movie's humor.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I am more on a TV kick lately, but I recently watched Project Power as I found the premise quite interesting. Basically, there is a pill that once you take it, it unlocks a super power inside of you for five minutes that is based on an animal's "power" (for example, chameleon-like "invisibility"). Some are useful, however, some can be quite deadly for the pill-taker.

When I saw the trailer I thought it gives you a random super power for five minutes which would be more interesting, but it was still an okay movie. Nothing majorly inventive or breath-taking, it was just a fine B-movie for the purpose of switching off your brain for two hours.

If you like the super power genre, I say give it a watch but do not expect MCU-level stuff.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Phobia Meddlstone
No broom

Post by Phobia Meddlstone »

Those movies you all have mentioned sound really great!

the last movie I watched was oceanse thirteen. It was soo good and what made it even better was watching it outside!!!
Donna Jane
No broom

Post by Donna Jane »

The Last film I watched was "Enola Holmes" on Netflix. I really liked this movie, it was kinda cheesy but it was reallu cute. :wub:

Return to “Movie Talk”