Submit to the Latest Issue! (7th January Deadline)

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Submit to the Latest Issue! (7th January Deadline)

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Welcome to HOL's very own newspaper, The Howler!

The theme for our upcoming issue is: All that Glitters...
Deadline for submissions: Friday 7th January, 2022

So do you have an idea for an article, or maybe even a column? Perhaps you've got a concept for the perfect ad. Or maybe you are just itching to flex your creative muscles with a spot of writing or by creating a work of art. Well, you are in the right place!

Approval
All ideas for informative articles, Wizarding World News, opinion pieces, ads and puzzles must be approved before they are submitted.
Submissions to the creative showcase on the other hand don't need to be approved - you can just submit those once you're ready. That includes entries for the current Creative Contest

If what you want to write needs to be approved, all you have to do is post your idea(s) below and wait for one of the Howler's editors to approve it. It will then be added to the list below. Please be patient though; we will get to you as quickly as possible, but it may sometimes take a while.

Theme
Creative Showcase pieces must fit the theme whereas other submissions don't have to (but it's great if they do). Entries to the Creative Contest must fit the guidelines provided with each particular contest.

Idea Bank
If you don't have any ideas, we have curated an Idea Bank where you can go to find ideas for articles and ads. Please remember that even idea bank ideas have to be presented here for approval though (so we don't suddenly have ten articles on the same topic!).

Requirements and Submitting
For more information and guidelines on our various sections, what types of submissions you might submit and what the requirements for each one are, please read through the overview thread and then head over to the Guidelines section to learn more.

Once your idea has been approved, you can send your submission through this form.

We are very excited to hear from you all!

Approved Ideas
Informative Articles
Advice on Getting Class Work Submitted On time (Skylar Peyton)
The History of Glitter (Silvana Mandeville)
Upcoming Movies (Silvana Mandeville)
Upcoming TV Shows (Silvana Mandeville)
Upcoming Books (Crystal Snow)
Upcoming Games (Crystal Snow)

Ads
Winter Menu at the Three Broomsticks (Cole Thronheart)
Write for the Howler (Prof. Sindor Aloyarc)

Puzzles
Fallen Letters (Silvana Mandeville)
Cryptogram (Prof. Sindor Aloyarc)
Wordsearch (Crystal Snow)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Re: Submit to the Latest Issue! (7th January Deadline)

Post by Skylar Peyton »

I would like to do an article on advice for getting class work done on time.
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Skylar Peyton wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:07 am I would like to do an article on advice for getting class work done on time.
Hi Skylar. That's approved! :)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Remember you have until 7th January to get your ideas approved and written up. You can earn up to 60 house points too. Let's make this a dazzling issue!
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Cole Thronheart
No broom

Post by Cole Thronheart »

I would like to do a winter menu at the Three Broomsticks ad
”It’s during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” - Aristotle
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Cole Thronheart wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:18 pm I would like to do a winter menu at the Three Broomsticks ad
Hi Cole, That's approved. :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Silvana Mandeville
Oakshaft 79

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I would like to do:
- The history of Glitter
- Upcoming Movies and TV Shows + Graphics
- Fallen Letters Puzzle
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Silvana Mandeville wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:40 pm I would like to do:
- The history of Glitter
- Upcoming Movies and TV Shows + Graphics
- Fallen Letters Puzzle
Hi Silvana. That's all approved. :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

In addition to submitting for my column, may I please claim a 'Write for the Howler' ad as well as a Cryptogram puzzle? :wub:
Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers I & II

— faith, hope, courage, and love; peace,
wisdom, understanding, and familiarity.
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:37 am In addition to submitting for my column, may I please claim a 'Write for the Howler' ad as well as a Cryptogram puzzle? :wub:
Go for it, Sindor. :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Remember that you have until Friday (11:59 PM HOL-time on 7 January) to get your submissions in! We really need your help to make this issue as good as it can possibly be, so if you have the time to contribute, please do.

Remember that you can earn up to 60 house points by submitting to the paper. If you'd like to create something but aren't sure what, there are lots of ideas waiting to be adopted in the Idea Bank. Alternatively, you could show off your creativity in the Creative Showcase or by submitting to our Creative Contest (even better, you don't need to get creative pieces approved, so you can just get straight to the fun part!).
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Crystal Snow
No broom

Post by Crystal Snow »

History of Glitter
Upcoming games
Upcoming tv shows
Upcoming books
Review of tv shows
review of games
review of books
Report on New year celebrations
Word search
Crystal.A.Snow
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Crystal Snow wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:21 pm History of Glitter
Upcoming games
Upcoming tv shows
Upcoming books
Review of tv shows
review of games
review of books
Report on New year celebrations
Word search
Hi Crystal
Really glad you'd like to write for the paper!

I'm very happy to approve the report on New Years Celebrations, the word-search, Upcoming Games and Upcoming Books. Please try to make sure the games and books aren't too inappropriate for our younger members though and remember that you'd need to write 150 of your own words, not including any blurbs you quote from elsewhere.

History of Glitter and Upcoming TV shows have already been claimed by another member though, so I'm afraid I can't approve those. For the reviews, it would be really good to know which books/games/TV shows you want to cover, so another person who might want to do a review can be sure they're not going to accidentally cover the same ones.

The ideas I've approved so far would net you a minimum of 45 points if you did them all (more if your articles were on the longer side), so doing several more articles would put you over the maximum 60 points available. Maybe just pick one review to do, if you'd still like to do one? Especially given the limited time before the deadline. It's up to you though! :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Crystal Snow
No broom

Post by Crystal Snow »

Hi I would like to change my mind and not do the new year celebrations if that is okay as then I can focus on the others
Crystal.A.Snow
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Crystal Snow wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:45 am Hi I would like to change my mind and not do the new year celebrations if that is okay as then I can focus on the others
I've removed that. :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Crystal Snow
No broom

Post by Crystal Snow »

Thank you , When is the work due in by ?
Crystal.A.Snow
Prof. Sky Alton
Shooting Star

Crystal Snow wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:28 pm Thank you , When is the work due in by ?
Hi Crystal. As it says in the post, things were due on 7 January, so I'm afraid it's already gone by. Not to worry though, we'll be opening for another issue soon and you'll be able to reuse those ideas for that, if you'd still like to. :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Crystal Snow
No broom

Post by Crystal Snow »

Thank you , Sorry I did not know as I have been mega busy in real life so Have not really been on here much
Crystal.A.Snow

Return to “The Howler”