Modules #3/#7 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Modules #3/#7 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 03 and Module 07 "Monologues" thread!

("Scroll-and-a-Half" / 150 words)

Consider what you've written down from your brainstorm in the Meditation portion of our exercises. What jumps out at you that's wanting to be explored a little more deeply? Come up with a topic based around these meditations and write an essay about your personal perspective on the matter. This could be a single aspect or multiple elements from your list. In addition to sending in via e-mail, if you feel like sharing with your peers go ahead and post here with or without including your "Meditation" and/or "Mindfulness" responses added in together. This is voluntary and will not effect your points one way or another, however it will add to our community vibe and could stir up conversation for any "Mingling" points you may wish to accrue as Extra Credit.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Modules #3/#7 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

What leaps out is that I've so much to learn, to understand. Odd how that word leaps out - understand. I Googled it "perceive the intended meaning of (words, a language, or a speaker)." I find that so much of understanding is the communications conveyed nonverbally. English is such a limited language; created for business purposes, it has no words for the understanding of the heart and gut. For the 'gnosis' knowing of intuition and natural ... (see? No word or words!) Robert Heinlein had to make up a word for it in his book Stranger in a Strange Land. Grok is the word he came up with, and it's now in semi-common usage. I Googled that and got this:
grok
/ɡräk/
Learn to pronounce
verbinformal•US
verb: grok; 3rd person present: groks; past tense: grokked; past participle: grokked; gerund or present participle: grokking

understand (something) intuitively or by empathy.
"because of all the commercials, children grok things immediately"
empathize or communicate sympathetically; establish a rapport.
"nestling earth couple would like to find water brothers to grok with in peace"

grok
/ɡräk/
verbinformal•US
verb: grok; 3rd person present: groks; past tense: grokked; past participle: grokked; gerund or present participle: grokking

understand (something) intuitively or by empathy.
"because of all the commercials, children grok things immediately"
empathize or communicate sympathetically; establish a rapport.
"nestling earth couple would like to find water brothers to grok with in peace"

– Isn't that wonderful that we now have that in common usage? 💕 So anyway, the word understanding points to an intellectual knowing of the perceived meaning of words, but it goes much deeper than that. We can understand someone, so we think, but until we are that person, using that body, do we really understand them? Also, it's not our right to invade their space -- so understanding ... what does that mean, really? I begin to believe, to think, to feel, that understanding is of oneself. To know oneself. To gnosis know oneself. Then, when that happens, what seems to happen is one is aware consciously of the unity, the wholeness of all of Life, and then, THEN, one might understand the other person, from the perspective of the Wholeness of which we are all part.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”