Modules #2/#6 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Modules #2/#6 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 02 and Module 06 "Monologues" thread!

("Scroll-and-a-Half" / 150 words)

Consider what you've written down from your brainstorm in the Meditation portion of our exercises. What jumps out at you that's wanting to be explored a little more deeply? Come up with a topic based around these meditations and write an essay about your personal perspective on the matter. This could be a single aspect or multiple elements from your list. In addition to sending in via e-mail, if you feel like sharing with your peers go ahead and post here with or without including your "Meditation" and/or "Mindfulness" responses added in together. This is voluntary and will not effect your points one way or another, however it will add to our community vibe and could stir up conversation for any "Mingling" points you may wish to accrue as Extra Credit.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: Modules #2/#6 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Post by Louis Walles »

I remember that time when I was a teenager and I had to 'man  up' very early on. As my father was spending tons of money on alcohol rather than on anything else, we often were very hungry and if not the school uniforms, we would be in a rather easy place to get bullied. At the time, I had four younger sisters and me being the oldest, I felt responsible to provide for them as much as I could. All money that I have managed to get was spent on their needs. This was leaving me very hungry most of the time. I remember that once I've managed to save a bit that month and wanted to 'treat' myself by getting some express noodles and an energy drink. When I scanned everything at the self-checkout, I realised that the prices that were on the tags were not correct and I couldn't afford these two items. I called a lady who was working there and asked her to remove my energy drink (as I was more hungry) and explained that I can't afford my shopping. She asked me how much I was missing - it was around 50p (63 cents) and she told me to wait. She came back with her wallet and paid for my shopping and didn't want anything back. I haven't seen her again but I am still extremely grateful to her for that small thing as it meant so much to me.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Modules #2/#6 - “MONOLOGUES” - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Well, the very first thing that comes to mind is that I have so much to learn. Oddly enough (and I wonder if I had this lesson somewhere in the back of my mind), when down here in Alabama, I was realizing that I'd spent a great deal of my time in the past decade coming to terms with my past. Of practicing stillness and peace and forgiveness and other things which are traditionally considered goals to attain for someone who wants to heal (and Heal). Then, moving here, I actually was in a situation where I didn't have a lot of time, free still quiet time, in which to practice being still and quiet. No, I was in the midst of RL, of turmoil, of people rushing around being 'people' and I was getting to put into practice that which I had so arduously developed and hopefully assumed as part of me here. Other than greatly appealing to my sense of humor, I felt rather grateful that I had incorporated (literally, developed this as a part of my physical body) an ability to be still and quiet, no matter what is going on around me. This was putting all this theory and studying into practical applications! Again, OMG, this time in caps. So this definitely can use some more exploration and actual experience, which I feel, if I survive it, will be greatly beneficial to the deepening of peace and wisdom in me.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”