Role Playing Alternative

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Role Playing Alternative

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

There have been instances in the past where completing the Role Play portion of Extra Credit has become potentially difficult for someone to accomplish at a certain point in their semester due to the fact we are relying on others to respond and converse together, keeping the thread moving forward where normally we're able to complete individual work in our own way and time.

Given there are no monthly deadlines, this shouldn't make a huge difference for most people or very often, however when special, sometimes unexpected circumstances in life do arise it's entirely reasonable to be glad of having options. The last thing I wish to do is penalize or trap anyone who finds themselves falling into this category. In the case of instances where it would be a huge hassle/nearly impossible to participate fully or at all in these thread(s), please know that you are welcome to ask about doubling up on the second part of your Extra Credit prompt (i.e. submitting a second “Manifestation”)

Similar to asking for an extension on final deadlines, please REACH OUT IN ADVANCE if you do wind up thinking you'll need to take advantage of this, as well as offering the "when" and reason "why" (to the best of your personal comfort levels). While I'd like to maintain some level of lenience in this area when somebody has good reason for granting flexibility, this should be used as sparingly as makes sense and shouldn't ever be an "I just don't feel like it" kinda thing.

If we've already discussed this as a potential option, you do not have to reach back out again, though please do make note when submitting your work via E-mail if/when a time comes. My personal preference would be if you're looking to accrue those points that you submit as many Role Playing posts as possible during the term and only avoid it when necessary, however I do not by any means wish to pressure those people who at times may absolutely deserve this alternative. If a month comes where you can't be online as much/at all, but you're even able to contribute one or two times, feel free to adjust the word count requirement for your second prompt. That is to say, for each full Mingling post you may deduct 50 words from your respective Manifestation.

Sharing and connecting with other members of HOL here on the forum is part of the essence of MS:HP. While it isn't required to receive a Quill, those looking to get the full experience are encouraged to honor this class and its members by being truthful with themselves if it isn't going to be conveniently feasible (so as not to stress yourself out), while putting the effort in when it is.

Appreciate your understanding!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”