Bonus - "MIRROR MINGLING" - Fall 2020

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Bonus - "MIRROR MINGLING" - Fall 2020

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Bonus "Mingling" thread! This is about getting to interact with one another as classmates, particularly about themes from this past semester and your corresponding class work if that speaks to you. Those who post their Mirror Monologue or Manifestation may provide helpful prompts for discussion points. While you're welcome to mingle as much as you like, each of your first three 50+ word posts you will receive 5 points and/or 10 beans. When submitting your work, please let me know if you've posted once, twice, or three (or more) times so I can confirm participation. As a fun option, you may choose to Role-Play these interactions though are not required to. If you do, please take a look at this RPGuidelines page for some helpful tips.

These points are SUPPLEMENTAL. While they can be used toward the 150 point minimum for a passing grade and Quill requirements, I am UNABLE to award you more than 300 points in a single term even if you've earned them. Beans on the other hand are up for grabs by anyone!

The Muggle Studies classroom has been split into two sections.

One side is lined with desks to work on the exam, the other is scattered with plum colored beanbags for taking breaks and socializing. A number of noise canceling headphones have been provided for those who find it difficult or non-preferable to focus over the chitter-chatter.

Some people have already been hard at work on their essay, while others have started off with a bit of a rest.

Professor Sindor Aloyarc is lounging on one of the beanbags.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Brianna Caedmon
No broom

Re: Bonus - MIRROR MINGLING - Fall 2020

Post by Brianna Caedmon »

Brianna has decided to start with a little rest while she decides what to write in her final exam. She's been nervous in all of her other exams, despite second year exams not being all that important, so is glad for the repreive of Prof Sindor's relaxed attitude as she relaxes on one of the comfortable beanbags. She wasn't able to convince Cleo and Orion to stay away, but at least they're calmly asleep and not distracting anyone.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

February decided to jump in and write the class exam. Being Sin's assistant, she knew that level of work wasn't a requirement for her, but she loved the class and there was nothing else she'd rather do. Well, that is until she finished, looked up, and noticed Brianna with Cleo and Orion :wub: She stood up, handed her parchment over to Sin, and quietly sat down next to Brianna.

"Hey, Brianna!" February whispered, trying not to wake the kittens or disturb the students. "Awww....you've brought the kittens! They are just soooo adorable! I could watch them sleep all day :D So precious :D "
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Brianna Caedmon
No broom

Brianna smiled as February headed over to her.

"Hi February! I actually tried not to bring them, because I was worried they would be a distraction, but it seems they decided for me that they'd rather be here. They are very cute, I find it really hard to avoid petting them when they are sleeping because they are just so adorable!".

She smiled at them as she stood up "I should probably head over and start the exam... I know you're the class assistant, so obviously you can't tell me too much, but is it hard?".
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

"Oh, you know Sindor. His exam is unduly hard. It's just awful!" February tries to say this with a straight face but doesn't quite succeed. She struggles to suppress a giggle, so as not to disturb the people around her. "You'll do great! Oh, and thank you for bringing the kitties - they're always welcome!"
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Tarma, finally finishing the exam, sits upright in her chair and stretches. "Arg" she mutters under her breath, realizing that she'd been sitting in one position, totally focused on the exam, for far too long. She gets up and wanders over to the other side of the room.

She sees others, particularly noticing Sindor and February and Brianna (and Brianna's cats). "Hi hi. I just caught the last of what you said, Brianna. It's not that difficult really but you need to be ... um .... aware of nuances. I don't think you will have any difficulty though!"

She smiles at February, glances towards Sindor (in case he is watching) and grins, then wanders to see if there was any hot cocoa around.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Sin, who has been using some of the noise canceling headphones while leaning back and having a nice little meditation, pulls them off in time to hear February’s laughter suppressed “Oh, you know Sindor.” comments, followed by Tarma’s response as well.

He smirks to himself, then pretends not to be listening in an over-dramatic way (—what? Sindor?? DRAMATIC?!) :rolleyes: so that even as Professor Black begins to wander of, it’s very clear he’s heard these parts of the conversation, then turns in the direction of the group and laughs. :lol:

“I love the ‘aware of nuances’ choice of phrase, Tarma!” he calls over to her in a stage whispering tone, then winks. ;)

“And as always, such a pleasure to have you and these little cutie in class with us, Brianna. Been quite a treat that you three joined us this term!” He watched the kitties, and adds “I’m gonna have to come find you here and there to snuggle these little gems as we move into the spring!” :wub:
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

February looks around in surprise and a little embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I keep forgetting how odd I am sometimes. I really did think it was easy, but I enjoy thinking about life and the world in this way, and have for years. I struggle with jigsaw puzzles. :lol: And my comment about knowing Sibdor? Certainly! If you turned in the first four parchments you should know Sindor well enough to know how to do this one. Heck, I used those parchments to write this."
Brianna Caedmon
No broom

Brianna smiles at Sindor's comment about her cats "You're more than welcome to come and find them any time. Well, thanks for the advice everyone, I'm glad it's fairly easy. I love looking at the world in this way too. I think I'll head over and make a start now.". She starts walking towards a table, briefly adding "Hopefully these two will stay asleep!" as she gestures to her cats.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Turning at Sindor's 'stage whisper' (which somehow seemed to echo through the room), Tarma grins again and raises her hand showing him the 'shaka' sign. Then she says to Brianna "Good luck, I think you'll enjoy the Exam, really".

After that, though, she raises an eyebrow at February (a la Lord Vetinari of Going Postal) and beams cheerfully. "Well, you survived!" and, laughing, pretends to dodge whatever charm February might cast at her.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

"Uh huh, I'll show you!" February thinks as she casts tarantellagra in Tarma's direction. If nothing else, it will break any remaining tension and give the students something to write about.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

"Oh, crud!" and Tarma dodges for real .... and ended up moonwalk dancing.

"How long does this last?" she calls to February, while actually sort of enjoying the 'dance'.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

"It lasts until.....NOW!" shouts February, as she releases the spell and makes a mad dash from the room and out into the hallway
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

February Fortescue wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:17 am "It lasts until.....NOW!" shouts February, as she releases the spell and makes a mad dash from the room and out into the hallway
Tarma sighs in relief as the dancing stops. Yes, she really had wanted to learn to moonwalk dance, and thought she had it down pat now, but ... She gazes at the doorway through which February had disappeared. "Hmmmm" and grinned. Maybe she had earned it with that 'Vetinari' eyebrow!

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”