Modules #4/#8 - “MINGLING” - Spring 2022

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Modules #4/#8 - “MINGLING” - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 04 and Module 08 "Mingling" thread! This is about getting to interact with one another as classmates, particularly about themes from the lessons and your corresponding class work if that speaks to you. Those who post their Monologues or Manifestations may provide helpful prompts for discussion points. While you're welcome to mix and mingle as much as you like, each of your first three 50+ word posts you will receive 5 points. When submitting your work, please let me know if you've posted once, twice, or three (or more) times so I can confirm participation. As a fun option, you may choose to Role-Play these interactions though are not required to. If you do, please take a look at this RPGuidelines page for some helpful tips.

”Today is a ‘Show and Tell’ day here in Muggle Studies,” Sindor says, sitting in the great hall over breakfast with the class. Another day outside of the classroom before heading into exams. “While we spoke recently about things that being luck, hope, or peace into our lives, today if you’d like to participate we will be presenting the group with another item from our lives (whether real or fictional at HOL) that can showcase another piece of our hearts.”

Sin sets a pepper grinder down after using them over his eggs.

“The energies this month revolve around Love for some of you and Familiarity for others. Were there any themes that stood out to you from our lessons? What does it mean to be Loving, or to consider someone Family? How does caring for something or someone change the way you relate to them over time, or how shared history over years and years can build a special kind or familiarity and magic?”
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: Modules #4/#8 - “MINGLING” - Spring 2022

Post by Louis Walles »

'Oh wow, I'm first? Crazy! Hi Sin!' says Louis while opening the door to the classroom. He thought he is late again. He couldn't help but get yet another Bubble Tea before class. As he sits down he quickly reads what's on the board.

'Oh I know!' he says suddenly. 'I personally don't have a proper family. I mean, I have created my own with my husband and kids but that's about that. No parents. So before I met dear Harold, my friends became my family. Therefore, what makes family is whatever you think a family is. For me are the people who love me and support me no matter what. On whom I can depend.'. He grabs a straw and aggressively hits the top of the cup to make a hole for the straw.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Chuckling along when Louis is surprised at being the first class member to join him at Emily at the table for breakfast, Sin agrees, “It does seem like we’ve all been moving a bit more slowly right now! I know I for one feel like I could use a little kick in the butt with motivation. Luckily as much as my energy and creative juices seem to be needing that extra pep-up right now, I’m glad I haven’t gotten too far behind in any projects.” Chewing a forkful of home fries and swallowing, he takes a sip of water, then continues, “Not particularly ahead either, to be fair. But not behind!”
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

'Oh I know what you mean' says Louis laughingly. 'I have 3 assignments to complete very soon, assignments for my university. I have not even started them yet. It gives me that weird feeling of pressure being put on my chest yet my lack of motivation is showing. I need to get it together soon or I won't make it in time!' he says and takes a sip of his bubble tea.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Sin pulls a necklace out from under the chest of his robes. There’s a wolf pendant on the front, which is his animagus form.

“This is my show-and-tell piece for this section,” he introduced the group to ‘Kity Le’loup.’

“She was named Kity —pronounced like kitty— after my niece, who was only about three or four at the time, saw the necklace and asked if it was a cat. I said, ‘It’s not a cat, it’s a wolf. But some people would probably believe you if you told them it was a cat.’

Her dad came in and she immediately pointed at the necklace and said ‘That’s a cat.’ Her father took a quick look, then said ‘Oh, yup!’ Which got Scarlett to smile big because she knew she’d tricked him.

Then her mother, my sister, came in and she tried the same gag, but instead got ‘No, I think that’s a wolf.’ Much to my niece’s disappointment.”

Sindor clears his throat and swipes his hands clean on a napkin.

“I’ve always loved remembering this, and for a while whenever I’d wear the necklace my sister and brother-in-law would shout ‘Kitty The Wolf!’ So it has a special place in my heart when it comes to both my relationship with myself and with my family.”
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

'Oh that is so sweet Sindor. I do have a wolf necklace but it is not really sentimental. I do not really have anything sentimental when it comes to objects. The only thing that I have some sort of sentiment towards its my wedding ring. We actually had our 6th wedding anniversary this month! We went to Wales to celebrate. Although we've met in Luton in England, we travelled to Wales together during that time so Wales is surely a sentimental country for us' says Louis while chewing on some tapioca.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Tarma enters the classroom.
"I'm so late, I know!" she exclaims, as she goes directly to an empty chair and, putting her stuff on the side table, plops into the chair.

"I know I missed out on what you said" she sighs. "Sindor, would you please do a 'replay'? Can you do that so I can see what's happening?"

"If you cannot, that's okay too. But I'd like to know. As for me, I know it's sort of 'showcase' this time isn't it? And family?"

She drags a pendant, which is hanging from a silver chain, from under her jacket. "This is an amber pendant, which is given me by a very good friend. I love amber, the age of it, the beauty of it, the source, the symbolism. The feel of it. I ... love amber." She holds up the pendant so that the light hits and highlights the figure which is carved within the piece, from behind.

"It's intaglio. That's a horse which is rearing up. He, my friend, knew that I'd had changes in my life lately, and knew that I missed my horse Ashia. He found the amber, had it mounted onto the metal to make it a pendant, then chose the necklace of 'that' design for the links ... and gave it to me."

Tarma smiles a little smile. A happy little smile. "He gets me. Isn't that a part of being family? Being with someone who 'gets you'?"
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”