Questions

Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Questions

Post by Gail Allen »

If you have any questions, please post them here and either me or Alexander will answer them as quickly as possible.
Sparky McPup
No broom

Re: Questions

Post by Sparky McPup »

Exactly what kind of tasks are you going to be posting?
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Hi Sparky. Each week there will be 1 puzzle task, 1 graphic task, and 2 written tasks posted.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

What is the minimum word count for the written tasks?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

Quality is more important than quantity. Some people will be able to write very concisely while others require more words to answer a question. I want you to answer in as many words as you deem appropriate to answer the question.
I would expect most to be answerable in somewhere between 100 - 200 words if you want a ballpark answer.
If someone does submit something that is clearly given very little or no effort we will contact them to hash it out via pm. Depending on how that goes this week it may or may not be the same next week.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

For our Identity Card image, are the only 2 options to draw or describe, or can we use a doll or an image we've created (or created in the past) as long as it isn't a photo?
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

You are allowed to use a dollmaker or create an image that would suit - we just don't want a photo of yourself :)
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

If we go by Star Wars canon and Legends, around what age should our characters be? I want to make my character’s background, abilities, and mannerisms as age-appropriate as possible and don’t want her to be over-powered for her age or anything but powerful enough that she’s useful in battle.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

If we go by canon the characters are all Younglings about to go to The Gathering at the Temple of Ilum for the rite of passage it is to get the crystal for your first lightsaber. Then later there would be the Initiate Trials which would be taken as a teen, to go from Youngling to potentially be chosen as a Padawan - or go on to serve in other ways.
I've never heard a specific age mentioned for this (I also think it differs from species to species; Some would simply mature faster than others since the Temple accepts Forcesensitive students from all over the universe). But as far as the lore goes, these would be pre-teens.

However, I think that most of you guys are likely a bit older since the Jedi Masters might not have found all of you quite as early as they usually would because HOL is a magical place and like Hogwarts might well be having some shielding charms etc that would make it hard to find a Forcesensitive member. And if you started learning later, obviously everything would be pushed and you'd be older.

So what that means: Technically you're a pre-teen, practically I think it's fine for you to be a character of any age.

(also: Thank you for asking a question that justifies me having actually spent time looking into things like this as I was picking out what things to include in this activity and which jedi event I wanted to depict :P )
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hahah I like your theory about HOL shielding us from our force-sensitivity becoming known to the galaxy. It actually works fairly well, considering most of the posts under the character card section, including mine, look to be depicting teens and up.

You’re doing a great job organizing this, by the way! It’s been really fun so far to create a character and read through everyone else’s submissions and I can’t wait for the rest of the training :D

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

For the spaceship, does it have to be drawn or can it be manipulated computer graphics? I ask because I have a 3D art program and would like to use some of those shapes pieced together to make my spaceship. If not allowed, I understand. Thanks.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

That is absolutely fine Emily :) Feel free to build it in a program if you have one that can do that kind of thing.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Thanks, Gail :)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head

Return to “Jedi Apprentice Training”