January Prompt: New Beginnings

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

January Prompt: New Beginnings

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

For this month, we're breaking away from the "consecutive chapter titles of Philosopher's Stone" prompt theme to celebrate the new year and new decade!

For this month, your task is to write at least 50 words on some sort of new beginning (this can involve HOL, Harry Potter characters, or anything else of your choosing). This month's twist is that each sentence must contain a new letter that was not used in a previous sentence! (For example, if you were writing something like "The ball is red." as your first sentence, then your second sentence must contain at least one letter from the following list of unused letters: C, F, G, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, U, W, X, Y, Z.) You can make my life easier by putting one of the new letters in each sentence in bold. The deadline is January 31 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 20 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 2 hoots for every 5 words up to 50.)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: January Prompt: New Beginnings

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

New beginnings? Ha, let's just have some of the same, but more! Clearing shelves and boxes has sometimes led me to get rid of stuff that I later on end up reacquiring. Purchasing books, in particular, to restock what was deemed not needed in a move, is a great learning experience.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Each New Year is a tabula rasa.
Now, what will you do to make this year memorable?
First you must think outside the box and leave your comfort zone.
Next, make a list of all the things you thought of, no matter how quirky.
Finally, just pick one and focus on getting it done! (51 words)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Everyone involved has earned full HOOTs for this!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”