The Supporting Cast of Harry Potter

Moderator: Arianna Stonewater

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

The Supporting Cast of Harry Potter

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Name: The Supporting Cast of Harry Potter
Type: HOL-wide
Date: September 2018, though submissions for the final week extended into October
Organizer(s): Professors Felicia Hartwick and Tarma Amelia Black

Shortly after the 2018-19 school year began, Professors Black and Hartwick of Hufflepuff ran an activity in one of the Sett forums dedicated to the various minor characters and places of the Harry Potter universe. Each week was dedicated to a different 'theme': week 1 was professors, week 2 was students, week 3 was magical shops and week 4 was animals/creatures - and there were puzzle and discussion threads each week matching the theme (plus a coloring page the final week). Every day, Professor Hartwick would also ask us a trivia question that fit that week's theme; if you answered it right - or participated in the other tasks - you would get diamonds!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: The Supporting Cast of Harry Potter

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

This is the Phoenix i did for the Week 4 Coloring activity....I'm pretty pleased with how it came out!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: The Supporting Cast of Harry Potter

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Your phoenix was and is incredibly beautiful, Arianna. I remember when I saw it and I just 'stopped'. Wow. It'd make an awesome siggy or avatar! :D

Thanks for writing about Supporting Cast, Will. Congratulations on being the person who got more Diamonds than anyone else! 391 (three hundred and ninety-one). Well done!

Fels had the idea of wanting to spotlight folks who are the Supporting Cast of the Harry Potter stories. We divided up ideas and this time spotlighted professors (teachers), students, shops and animals. As Will wrote above, we had 2 or 3 tasks or puzzles and a discussion topic each week. Fels did the daily trivia (YAY!) and each day came up with a question about our chosen topic of the week.

Awards were given out to folks who did at least half of the trivia and half of the weekly activities. There were six people who received the Supporting Cast One award. :) Over 3,900 Diamonds total were given out. (Diamonds are the Hufflepuff in-house method of counting activity. Awards are given to those who receive the most in any given School Year.)

We're hoping to have a Supporting Cast Two activity -- there are so many more things which make up the stories that we can focus on!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Scrapbook”