Week 2 - Roleplay

Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Re: Week 2 - Roleplay

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Roran was developing a headache from all the strangeness and strange magic of this room. No overly cheerful women were traveling around in a soap bubble. He slowly made his way to the table, trying to work his way through the strange speech the bubble lady gave.

As he neared the table, he heard the building argument between Hiccup and man. In between a break, he was able to add his own words.

"In Carvahall helping each other is a must, we live at the edge of the Spine a very dangerous area. We help each other to bring in the harvest on each other's farms, we help with hunting for meat. But helping as a desire? No, I cannot say I have a need to help other each day if it not a necessity. I help my family first, then my village. If my village is threatened them my family is threatened, helping becomes a necessity. I feel no need to crawl out of bed each morning to put myself in danger just to be helpful."
Bane of the Ra'zac
Iverian Gnash
No broom

Post by Iverian Gnash » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Hiccup
Roran had come up to the table. Hiccup gave Roran a welcoming smile as Roran introduced himself and then Hiccup motioned to a seat next to him. Roran had been talking with Hiccup earlier and brought his spirits up. Now, Hiccup wanted to return the favor because Roran looked as though he had a headache or something. The place where Roran said he lived sounded rather dangerous. Han had finally cut out the relaxed attitude. However, Raymond was back at it with Hiccup. Hiccup didn't know why Raymond hated him so much. He didn't remember doing anything to him. Hiccup just stared at Raymond, shook his head in a "you are so naive" way, and then went back to the conversation. "Well, as Raymond here obviously thinks that I am young and dumb (like he's any better) and I will contradict his thoughts. I have watched dragons and memorized them my whole life. They don't just attack people for the sake of attacking. As Raymond failed to realize, people, like dragons, don't strike back unless provoked."
If you want to know what a man is truly like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Raymond stared almost incredulously at the man, especially at his last sentence. His decades of work as a police officer proved just how wrong Hiccup’s statement was. He opened his mouth to retort, feeling himself getting a little heated up, however, his mask of impassiveness still held. Raymond, however, heard his husband’s voice telling him to be the bigger man and let go. “Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish,” Kevin used to say. And he just proved it, did he not? Raymond did allow himself to roll his eyes as he moved away from the discussion and to the food, taking some of the little sandwiches that he became fond of.

(OOC: Please, do not interact with my character anymore, thank you!)
Thank you Dario!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Leslie Knope ate her waffles as she listen to the discussion around her. Dragons? She wondered if they were from Ben's Game of Thrones show or something. She listened as the policeman (Raymond) coldly responded to the boy's (Hiccup) statement and then left the discussion. She turned to him (Hiccup).

"Hi, I'm Leslie Knope, I tried to talk to you earlier and give you a binder but you kind of just walked away? Anyway! Dragons? What do you mean dragons? Like Komodo dragons? Or like Game of Thrones dragons? Like, real LIVE dragons?!"
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Lara looked at Robin and replied, "I love the forest! I actually spend a lot of my time traveling the world. I enjoy the freedom as well so small spaces like this room make me a bit anxious and trapped."

Lara looked around the table. She noticed that a lot of people were at the table now. Lara noticed the police officer was walking away from the table. Lara wondered what happened. Lara saw a man she had not met yet [Roran] standing next to the boy Hiccup. Hiccup appeared to be pretty popular because the blonde woman from earlier, who was giving binders to Mulan, was starting a conversation with Hiccup.

"I am not royalty but I appreciate you removing your feet." Lara smiled at Han. "See, first impressions are not always correct."

"Well, I am Lara Croft. As I mentioned at that Q and A from earlier, I am a world traveler with an interest in ancient artefacts an places. In this line of work, I do not focus on helping others because everything I do is really just done solo."
Gail Allen
Moontrimmer

Post by Gail Allen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Robin Hood

"That doesn't mean you can't help people though" Robin argued. "What do you do with the artefacts once you've found them?" he asked, making it a little more precise what he was getting at. "If you were to sell them, you could give the money to the poor and help that way."

He faced the group. "That is a cause that is really important to me. You need to help the poor and those in need. And above all you need to make sure justice is done. Real justice." he glanced at the policeforces that were here. "Not just the kind law enforcement thinks is just either, but real justice that makes people more equal and makes sure those without power and money are not abused by those who have." It was very clear from how he spoke that this was something that was important to him.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Iverian Gnash
No broom

Post by Iverian Gnash » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Hiccup
Hmmm, some people were just looking for a fight. Anyway, Hiccup didn't really care. This Raymond fellow seemed like another Snotlout. Someone walked up to Hiccup. This lady seemed genuinely nice. "Oh, I'm sorry! I was probably preoccupied. I didn't mean to ignore you and it was nothing against you, I just get caught up in things and don't pay attention! Anyway, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Hiccup. Ya, I have a Nightfury dragon named Toothless. He's really friendly. I mean that they are, well, dragons. Umm, (Hiccup realized this was a weak statement and did not at all answer Leslie's question) sorry, they're really friendly dragons. There are all sorts of them and they're all different, like people, so there isn't one type. I protect them with my friends. Do you have any dragons?"
If you want to know what a man is truly like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Roran dropped into the seat beside Hiccup. Nodding to the smuggler besides Hiccup in greeting, he turned his attention to what Hiccup just said.

"Not sure if the dragons are the same where you are as where I am from, but it is true dragons do not attack needlessly. They are intelligent beings just as humans are, with almost the same personality. But we are straying away from what the soap bubble woman has asked us. Yon man *Nodding towards the one that Hiccup seems to disagree with* he is like the guards we place around the village, or like the men in an army. They are there to protect. It is their job to protect, or in this case to help others each day. The same with healers and teachers *thinking of Brom*.

*Nodding to Hans* When your existence is about survival, helping is not at the front of your mind. It becomes more of is there is a need in front of you, you either act or not. Smugglers live by their own code and help in there own way. A smuggler that will help, will do so for coin, they will protect you as they do their cargo and will not betray you. A smuggler that has no intention of helping you will sell you to the highest bidder before you can blink."
Bane of the Ra'zac
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 am

Leslie couldn't believe it and she could feel the excitement and disbelief radiating from her husband Ben's face as he heard these two (Hiccup and Roran) talk about REAL dragons.

"That's so amazing! I want to hear more, but yes, of course you (Roran) are right! The task at hand. The police in Pawnee are some of the nicest men and women I've ever met, and they too are there to serve and protect. Definitely qualifies for hero status to me too."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:53 am

Inigo almost forgot himself enough to grin at the lady's [Lara] response to the man Han. He listened with interest to the discussion ... dragons? When the hunter [Raymond] who had been arguing with the young person [Hiccup] departed, there was more space at the table and he eased into a chair. He was hungry, and the company seemed to be, if a little odd and strange (and talking about things he knew nothing about), the food smelled excellent.

He didn't say anything, though, just filled his plate and listened. His sword master had taught him that the person who learned the most was often the person who said the least, and he wanted to know what was going on here. He bite into the unfamiliar food. It was delicious!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:23 am

Lara looked at Robin. "Well, the artefacts I attempt to find are very powerful and could do great harm so if I am successful in finding them, the artefacts end up destroyed. So, while I don't help the poor or specifically help people on my travels, I suppose I do help save others though they don't know about it. Better for everyone that way. I hope that makes it sound a little better because I do value people!" Lara thought about her words for a moment and then said, "Also, while I don't sell the artefacts, I still help the poor in the fact that I use family money to donate to charities and those in need."

Lara thought she heard a chair pull out and she looked around the table again. Lara saw that the man in woolen clothes [Roran] had finally sat down beside Hiccup and Han. Lara also saw that a new member had joined the group [Inigo]. Lara thought he might be from Spain but she wasn't entirely sure. "Hello stranger." she smiled at the newcomer. "Feel free to join in."
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:22 am

After the Good Witch Glenda told them why they were all there James T. Kirk was excited to start their mission, so he walked to the table and sat down.
Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Post by Sirius Fudge » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:46 am

Will tightened his hold on his pistol. Things are getting heated up in the discussion table. 'Might as well get ready for some rowdy fight.' He thought. Will was familiar with this kind of scenario, his everyday dining table experience with pirates is just like this. 'It is all just a misunderstanding, it is always a misunderstanding.'

He recalled the many fights he encountered in Tortuga. He was not sure but he would always just want to watch from the distance. 'This is not Tortuga though. People here are nicer, much nicer.' He loosened up his hold on his sword.

Post Graduate | Huffle Staff | HQT | HOL Class of 2018
Gail Allen
Moontrimmer

Post by Gail Allen » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Robin Hood

Robin nodded at what Lara said. It made her at least likely to be one of the people on the side of good. Like he never robbed people of everything they had if they willingly opened their purses when he demanded it. Then he only took what they could spare for the pood. Lara, in donating, did this herself and until he had proof that the donations were too small, he would consider her an ally in helping the poor.

"That is good to hear" he said, "And it does sound like selling those items would indeed be too dangerous. Those kinds of things are better kept either safe somewhere, or indeed destroyed. What kinds of things could this be?"
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 pm

"Well met. Lady Lara and Leslie. Well met to you as well Hans and Robin and you as well Inigo." Roran nodded in greeting to each in turn.

"Lady Leslie, what really makes a hero? one who duty it is to go out each day and protect or one who due to circumstances finds themselves with a decision in which they need to act in the moment?"
Bane of the Ra'zac
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:03 am

Aladdin realized that as he had been waiting, the conversation had shifted quite a bit and several new people had arrived. Han Solo's description of survival had sounded like it made sense to Aladdin, but Han was nowhere to be seen today. Instead Aladdin moved closer towards Robin Hood, who seemed to be in the middle of discussion with a few others. After all, Robin Hood's description of moving through the forest sounded very much at home to Aladdin!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:38 am

Leslie turned towards the man (Roran). "Well, Webster's dictionary defines a hero as 'a person admired for achievements and noble qualities.' So i think it's not enough for your job to be as a protector; you have to actually do that job and do it well to be called a hero. So i suppose it would be your second option; those poised with a decision who choose the noble option."
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:23 am

Everyone was saying what they thought a hero would do and soon it was James T. Kirk's turn he cleared his throat and then said, "I think a hero is someone who does his job even when it might not be something that person wants to do or something that is easy to do."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:37 am

Inigo was enjoying himself. He had been hungry and was now eating some very nicely cooked food. His thirst was also assuaged by the palatable liquids contained in generous pitchers with which he could refill his goblet.

He nodded a thank you to the woman [Lara] and continued listening. He was startled for a moment, when addressed by name, but thought that maybe the person [Roran] had overheard it when Inigo introduced himself to Han. He was starting to recognize people by their face and voice, now he had been around them a bit, and, listening to them, was sorting them out for who and what they might be.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 am

It was finally time for Aladdin to say his piece. Looking at James Kirk, he responded: "But does heroism require sacrificing yourself for the greater good? If so, then I must admit that I would not be considered a hero!" "To be a real hero," he continued, "you need to look out for yourself as well: after all, you need to actually be around and surviving in order to help others!"

Return to “Character Clash”