Welcome New Students!

Class led by Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Welcome New Students!

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Hello, and welcome to A Visit to Diagon Alley! If you can't tell by the title, this class will be taking a tour of Diagon Alley, perfect for the start of a new term at Hogwarts. A little about me, my name is Prof. Rorey Padfoot and belong to Ravenclaw house, and I just adore it. This is my 17th year at HOL! I hope you enjoy the tour and make sure to bring some money so you can grab some fun stuff.

Feel free to introduce yourself to the other class members here and tell us what other classes you have decided to take and why you chose A Visit to Diagon Alley.

This is the thread you will write your Extra Fun Part 1.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Luna-Love Swan
No broom

Re: Welcome New Students!

Post by Luna-Love Swan »

My name is Luna-Love Swan and I am a first year. The classes I am taking are HOL 101, A visit to Diagon Alley, Harry Potter: Family Studies, Divination, and Care of magical Creatures. I think the 3 things I would need on my First day are a wand, books, and a broom.
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Smith »

Hiii!!
My name is Amy and I'm a third year student. I'm also one of the Prefects for the Ravenclaw House. I am hoping to do well in my other classes as well as this one and will give it my best. I'm really looking forward to this class, cause there might be a very high chance of me getting lost in Diagon Alley as there are a few places that I'm not quite familiar with. Well... I most certainly don't want to get lost and also buy my school supplies :P :D
Astor Arensin
No broom

Post by Astor Arensin »

Hi! I'm Astor Arensin, I am a third-year Ravenclaw as well as one of the Co-Heads for the Art and Library Departments.
I also chose to take Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Advanced Herbology, Parseltongue: A Challenging Introduction, and Harry Potter: Family Studies this term. I chose A Visit to Diagon Alley because it seemed exciting, and I wanted to learn about all the shops in the alley! Three things I will need this coming school term would be my textbooks for my classes, some fireproof gloves for Adv. CoMC, and some herbology tools.
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

Hi! I'm Mia a fourth year Ravenclaw. Like all students I will need to pick up some textbook while I am in the Alley. This term I've chosen to take Defense Against the Dark Arts, A Beginner's Guide to Villainy, Astrological Road Trip, and the Magic of Forensic Science. I chose to take this class because it looks interesting, and I may discover new shops that I haven't been to yet. Aside, from textbooks I will also need to pick up some more writing supplies, so I can complete my assignments. I also want to visit Quality Quidditch supplies to get some new some new quidditch gloves and maybe a broom care kit.
Heather Morganson
No broom

Post by Heather Morganson »

Hello to everyone out there. My name is Heather Morganson and after what has seemed like forever I have finally made it to Hogwarts, right where I have always wanted to be. When I had first found out that I would be attending Hogwarts I was honestly feeling extremely nervous because I did not really know what would be happening. The majority of my family had been sorted into Slytherin which was why it was such a shock when I was sorted into Gryffindor. I love to read and learn whatever I can about anything and everything that I can. I personally feel that the three things that you would need on your first day of your classes is a quill, wand, and parchment as well as your various textbooks.
Elena Hargreeves
No broom

Post by Elena Hargreeves »

Hello!! My name is Elena, and I'm a first year Slytherin here at Hogwarts. I decided to enroll in this class because I've always been interested in going to Diagon Alley and explore what it has to offer! In addition to this class, I'm taking my HOL 101 class, Astronomy, Potions, and the Magic of Forensic Science, so I'll be on the search for those textbooks! I will also need some quill and parchment paper, basic ingredients for my potions class, and an owl friend.
Tanisha Sparks
No broom

Post by Tanisha Sparks »

My name is Tanisha Sparks and I am a Second Year student at Hogwarts. I'm so excited to take this class because I've always wanted to get a proper tour of Diagonal Alley. On my first day at Hogwarts I think the three things I would need would be all my textbooks, some stationery and some notebooks so I can write down all the important notes during class!
Katie Ring
No broom

Post by Katie Ring »

Hi everyone, Katie Ring here. I’m a first-year Hufflepuff, and I’m excited to start my year at Hogwarts! I’m a little nervous, but I’m making a schedule to keep up with my studies and any activities I have signed up for. I enjoy listening to music and walking around outside when I'm not doing my homework. Other than this class, I am taking, Charms, HOL101, Potions, and Quidditch – The Wizarding Way. One of the things I would need would be my handbook to get all the information I need about the school. Another thing I would need would be a school map so I can find my way while exploring the grounds. The last thing I would need would be chocolate frogs. I’m a stress eater, and I’m sure I’ll be nervous my first year; and chocolate is one of my favorite things to eat, so it just makes sense.
Rhaneyra Black
No broom

Post by Rhaneyra Black »

Hello, my name is Rhaneyra Black, I am a first year Ravenclaw. I come from a long line of Slytherins, so it was quite a surprise for me to be put in Ravenclaw. My parents had actually taken me weeks earlier to Diagon Alley to get things for school. After going to Flourish and Botts, to get the normal ink, feather quills and books, mother and father let me pick at least one pet to take with me. I picked a horned owl, and named him Grayson, along with that I had gotten my textbooks for the regular subjects, and lastly mother and father let me pick up some reading material for my own guilty pleasure. I may have gone overboard with picking them though- Oh! I also managed to get some pellets for Grayson.
Cyane Monroe
No broom

Post by Cyane Monroe »

Hello everyone! I'm Cyane Monroe. I'm a First Year student and proud to be a Hufflepuff. Since I'm a newbie, there are lots of things I had to bring with me for my first year at Hogwarts. I didn't want to forget anything so I made a list (I know it was probably too long :D) The top 3 things I made sure to bring were my wand, my robes, and of course my 1 year old Siamese cat Artemis. It was really tough to pick only 5 classes for this term but I'm happy with my choices: A Visit to Diagon Alley, HOL 101, Living with Dinosaurs, The Battle of Hogwarts, and The Magic of Forensic Science. As a Muggle, I've only been to Diagon Alley once to get my school supplies so I'm looking forward to learn about the different shops and their histories.
Reyyan Azkendra
No broom

Post by Reyyan Azkendra »

Um ... okay, Hello! I'm Reyyan Azkendra. 3rd year from Gryffindor. In this term, I (just) took 3 classes. That is A visit to diagon alley, care of magical creatures, and the unforgivables curse. So ... maybe I'm going to buy a new wand, uh... to spare before my wand breaks. Some spiders, to try the unforgivable curse ... And Some books to learn more about magical creatures.
Luke Snekker
No broom

Post by Luke Snekker »

Hello!
My name is Luke Snekker! I am a first year in Ravenclaw and I'm a 6th generation wizard. I am taking the full five classes this semester with of course Hogwarts 101, this class, Transfiguration, Arithmancy 101 and flying. I choose this class, because I absolutely love shopping for magical books and items and I need to know the Diagon Alley better in order to do that. I'm also quite interested in the History of Magic in England since I'm from Norway. The three items I would bring with me on my first day of school would be of course a history of Hogwarts. I mean I already read it on the Hogwarts Express when I got here... It's just so fascinating! And the other two would be a a bag of chocolate frogs and a wand.
Caitlin Morrisey
No broom

Post by Caitlin Morrisey »

Hi! My name is Caitlin!

I am a total bookworm and I absolutely ADORE horses! I am obsessed with the Wizarding World, and love absolutely anything and everything to do with Harry Potter. (Also, a little fun fact about me, my name is actually Irish! I have Irish and Scottish on my mother's side of the family, and Irish on my dad's side of the family!)

For my first day at Hogwarts, I think the three most important things I would need would be:

1. All of my school books - textbooks, writing books, etc - I need them all
2. Quills - Can't write without a pen to write with, can you?
3. A wand - How are you supposed to do potions, charms, etc without a wand?
Briana Mullen
No broom

Post by Briana Mullen »

how do i get to diagon alley i need help

Return to “A Visit to Diagon Alley”