Welcome New Students

Class led by Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Welcome New Students

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello, and welcome to A Visit to Diagon Alley! If you can't tell by the title, this class will be taking a tour of Diagon Alley, perfect for the start of a new term at Hogwarts. A little about me, my name is Prof. Rorey Padfoot and I am the Hufflepuff Co-Head of House. This is my 14th year at HOL and I am a super proud Hufflepuff! I hope you enjoy the tour and make sure to bring some money so you can grab some fun stuff.

Feel free to introduce yourself to the other class members here and tell us what other classes you have decided to take and why you chose A Visit to Diagon Alley.

This is the thread you will write your Extra Fun Part 1.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~
Draco Riddle
No broom

Re: Welcome New Students

Post by Draco Riddle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:55 am

"Hello! My name is Draco Riddle and I am a third year. Three things that I would need on my first day at Hogwarts is a wand, a broom, and a cloak. Other classes that I am taking are Defense Against the Dark Arts by Professor Neville Prongs, Conflict in the Wizarding World by Sky Alton, Divination by Vanessa Tilley, and The History of Witchcraft by Polaris Black. I chose A Visit to Diagon Alley because I don't know all the shops by heart and I'd like to learn more about them."
Savannah Foster
No broom

Post by Savannah Foster » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi! I'm Savannah Foster (I'm a first year) and three things I would need on my first day is my standard size pewter cauldron and my wand from the required supplies list, a trunk full of books (for school and for just reading), and either an owl or a cat. Other classes I am taking are Charms with Tarma Amelia Black, Ancient Alchemy by Astor Arensin, HOL 101 with Amy Lupin, and Flying with I forget who. I chose A Visit to Diagon Alley because I thought it would be fun to go to all the different places in Diagon Alley.
Last edited by Savannah Foster on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowena Granger
No broom

Post by Rowena Granger » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi, I'm Rowena Granger. I'm a first year, and I'm really excited about classes! Besides A Visit to Diagon Alley, I'm taking Wand-Making, Tour of the Common Rooms, HOL 101, and Marauders 101. Three things I think I'll need for my first day are 1) A wand 2) All of my textbooks 3) An owl. So that's me, you can always contact me in my profile. See you in the halls!
Lorence Alwood
No broom

Post by Lorence Alwood » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Hello, my name is Lorence Alwood, and I'm a first year. I'm a muggleborn, but I've always loved reading about unusual phenomenon, so finding out I was a wizard and would get to study magic was an excellent surprise. Aside from the required materials, three things that I think I need for my first day are a standard muggle pencil (in case I can't figure out how to use a quill,) a journal for keeping my own notes on lessons, and some sort of case to keep my wand in. I'm a bit clumsy, so I'd like to make sure I don't break it when I'm not casting spells. I'm looking forward to learning with you all, and hope we can all become the best of friends together.
Serenity Shaffer
No broom

Post by Serenity Shaffer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:40 am

Tell us a bit about yourself, and tell use three things you think you would need on your first day at Hogwarts.

Hello! My name is Serenity Shaffer and I am a first year! This semester, other than A Visit to Diagon Alley, I am taking HOL 101, Languages 101, Potions for Beginners, and Charms. Three things I will need, other than required materials, are 1) books for pleasure 2) an owl and 3) my favorite journal. I am looking forward to this class because I don't know all that much about Diagon Alley and I want to be able to navigate it for when I need to go back!
Anna Westbrook
No broom

Post by Anna Westbrook » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello! My name is Anna Westbrook and I am a first year Ravenclaw! I am 11 years old, muggle born witch and I am super excited to be a part of HOL! A little bit more about myself is that I love to perform which includes all acting, singing, and/or dancing. So in my future, that is definitely what I want to be doing! As a first year, it was so hard to choose classes and because I'm muggle born, I wanted to choose classes that were fitting for me! So for this first term, I am taking:
1. "A Visit to Diagon Alley" (of course)
2. "HOL 101"
3. "HOL Quidditch"
4. "How to Role Play"
5. "Puzzles 101"

Since I am a first year, I thought of the many school supplies I must have. I definitely know that I am bringing:
1. A wand that includes a wand case! (because there is no way I'm losing my wand and making a 'first year' mistake!)
2. All of the books for my classes including a couple for a bit of light reading. I am also getting book covers that way my books will be clean and work appropriate.
3. My uniform which will be three sets of plain work robes. I am also including one winter robe in case of bad weather.

Hopefully I should be all prepared!! :unsure: :D
Lizzi Long
No broom

Post by Lizzi Long » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey! I'm Lizzi Long! I'm a second year Gryffindor. What I would need on my first day is my owl, copies of my favourite books and my journal to write some stories in. I do am interested in the human body, and trauma nursing. The other classes that I'm taking (besides A Visit to Diagon Alley) are
1) History of Magic: The Castle
2) The Magic of Forensic Science
3) The Tutors
4) The World of Fiction

I'm exited for the new year, and I hope it will be fun!
Rose Evangilleen
No broom

Post by Rose Evangilleen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:10 am

Hello, my name is Rose Evangilleen, and I am a second year Gryffindor. I happen to be a half-blood, so I feel lucky that I knew something about magic before coming here. I have two sisters, and only one of them has magic. I got a lot of hand me downs from them, but I don't mind. I only briefly went to Diagon Alley to get my wand. I happened to have a summer job, so I am excited to see where I can spend my money. I tend to be rather impatient and forgetful, but don't worry I'm loyal to my friends and I will always give people a second chance.
Anyway, for my second year I will need to buy a new pair of protective gloves, a set of glass or crystal phials (I broke my old ones), and Alivan's Wand Care Kit for some more wand cream. Everything else I would need I already have from my sister. One the downside its a little worn down, but on the plus side a lot of the books have notes in them. I am interested in animals, medicine (since I hurt myself a lot), and well... magic. : ) I happened to do exceedingly well in Care of Magical Creatures and Basic Healing last semester, if anyone needs help in the future.
The other courses I am taking are:
Advance Care of Magical Creatures
Magical Maladies
Puzzles 101
Superhero Studdies
I look forward to spending this next semester with you guys. I may be busy (as my mom is forcing me to take muggle school as well) but I'll respond when I am free. So, feel free to contact me! Good Luck everyone.
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Greetings, my name is Raevia Ward and I'm a first year Gryffindor. I'm taking astronomy, potions, and history of witchraft besides this class. Although I've been to the diagon alley before, I wanted to know more about it so that's why I'm taking the class. Let me think, three things I'll need on my first day is a bit of spare parchment to write down due dates in classes, some bertie bott's every flavour beans to start a conversation with classmates, and a good deal of luck as I tend to run my mouth when I'm anxious and that's never a good thing.
Anorak Thornhew
No broom

Post by Anorak Thornhew » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:49 am

Hi! My name is Anorak Thornhew. I am a muggle-born, and I'm so happy to finally get to see Diagon Alley! It was pure TORTURE waiting all summer after getting my letter. Some of the things I want to pick up at Diagon Alley are: A set of school robes, and an owl! (I got my wand from a wand-maker disguised as a muggle) I also want to pick up some "necessities" from the Weasly's Wizard Wheezes. (Don't tell the professors!) Some of the other classes I am taking are DADA, Potions for beginners, and Auror Training Level One! I'll see you all in the hallways soon!
Bethany Freeman
No broom

Post by Bethany Freeman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi I'm Bethany! I love reading, writing, drawing, and poems. Newt Scamander is my Great Grandpa and He taught me a lot. Some things you'd need to know about is, I'm stubborn, loyal, smart, mischievous, and risky. Since I'm a first year, I'd need my wand, books, cauldron, a telescope, a set of brass scales, and my awesome Owl Tigsy. I hope to see some of you in class! Bye!
Noe Summerset
No broom

Post by Noe Summerset » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi! My name is Noe Summerset and I am a Slytherin. I am also a pure-blood who believes that all wizards should be kind to each other no matter there blood relations. I have two older brothers who are in there third year and I also have a half younger sister. I am very loyal, kind, smart, and can be mischievous around friends and family and also I have a short temper. Some things I need for the first day at Hogwarts is the book Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them, one telescope, The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection, a wand, and my loyal owl Owlbus. Anyways I hope to see you in the hallways or in one of my classes.
Hazel Honeysett
No broom

Post by Hazel Honeysett » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:12 am

Hey everyone, my name is Hazel and I'm a first year Hufflepuff. I'm not as great at studying (attention span of a kitten I'm told) as I am at making things, so I'm signed up for some more hands on classes. I enjoy crafting and drawing and I am constantly listening to music. Aside from the first year basics, I'm thinking that for my first day I will definitely need a compass or map of some sort to help me get through the castle. Otherwise I might not make it to class D: I'll also need a remembrall to help me with all of my supplies, and an extra set of quills, maybe on the cheaper end. Quills are like hair ties, constantly disappearing!
Tushar Goyal
No broom

Post by Tushar Goyal » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 am

Hello everybody
I am Tushar Goyal of gryffindor house. I would like to intoduce myself. So i am a first year student. I met Hol in an very interesting way. Ao, I was searching for the first year books that one needed to go to hogwarts so i wnded up in the library department of Hol. As soos as i noticed that this is an online Hogwarts school I signed up for this.
I have enjoying this experience at hol and this class too as it tells us everything about the diagon alley and some things that i tooo missed while reading the harry potter novel.

Return to “A Visit to Diagon Alley”