The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Leonie Munslow
No broom

Re: The Topic For Introductions!

Post by Leonie Munslow »

Hello everyone, I'm Leonie. I just got sorted into Hufflepuff! Wasn't sure if I would get into Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, but in the end I was sorted into the house of the friendly and just. I can't wait to get to know you all!
Renae Voorhees
No broom

Post by Renae Voorhees »

Hello! My name is Renae Christine Voorhees, but y'all can call me Nae.

I'm a first year Ravenclaw. I'm also a metamorphmagus... my appearance is dictated by my emotions so you always know how I'm feeling. Muggle born and just trying to get used to this whole magic thing. I have a 7.25" Elder and Chimera Scale wand and really want to learn about Charms and divination.

In the real world, I'm a waitress and an aspiring wedding coordinator. I write novels in my spare time and watch a lot of Disney movies. When I'm not watching Disney, it's Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, How to Get Away With Murder or America's Next Top Model because I'm your not-white-but-basic-white-girl.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

My name is Arianna Stonewater and i'm a first year Slytherin. I was so sad when Pottermore closed and changed, but am really excited for this new adventure! I welcome all friends and can't wait to start on this journey!
Basil Hail

Post by Basil Hail »

Hello! My name is Basil Hail and I'm a first year Huffie ^^ I like this site even though it's a bit confusing.
Sapphire Riddle
No broom

Post by Sapphire Riddle »

Hi!

I'm Sapphire Riddle and, as you probably guessed, I think I'm related to Tom Marvolo Riddle through a squib. However, I'm not sure as my grandfather- Ralph Riddle- orphaned at a young age and he never showed any signs of magic.

Now, about me: I am a proud Ravenclaw and am looking forward to earning loads of house points for my house. ;-D When I was being sorted, I was worried that I might get into Hufflepuff, as in many previous quizzes I was something like 50% Ravenclaw, 50% Hufflepuff.

I have already been practicing a spell that I take a huge interest in- Expecto Patronum and have succeeded in producing a corporal one- it's a hare.

That's all for now, might write some more soon,

Sapphs, first year.
A.K.A. Buttercup. Call me that at your own risk. My pet cow will not happily roam in your room.
Arlynn Cassidy
No broom

Post by Arlynn Cassidy »

Hi.
My name is Arlynn Cassidy.
At present I am a first year Hufflepuff. And though I find this site confusing at times it is interesting enough to keep my attention. I will be finishing my first term this January.
In real life I am visually impaired. I am twenty-four and I have two brothers and a foster sister. I am also the aunt of five going on six. I spend my time helping to look after my older brothers son. I have not yet met my younger brothers twins. All my nieces and nephews are under seven years old the youngest being about three months in the womb. I love dogs. We used to have a cat, but I won't get another. Our cat didn't like other cats in his house and with my luck he would haunt me if I got another. I love reading my favorit authors are Tamora Pierce and Brian Jacques. Of course I love Harry Potter, but I also love I, Coriander. I believe the author is Sally Gardener. A friend got me hooked on fanfiction and I love reading Harry Potter fanfiction. Right now I've been reading crossovers with Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Harry Potter.
Marry Christmas to those who celebrate and happy holidays to those who celebrate other ways.
Edythe Weasley
No broom

Post by Edythe Weasley »

Hey Everyone!

My name is Edythe Weasley. I have red hair and green eyes, with a slim build, standing 5'6" tall. I am a pure-blood witch and a 2nd cousin (or something) of Ron and his siblings. I have three older siblings,all brothers and two younger twin sisters. Unfortunately our father was murdered when I was five, and our mother had died from a backfiring spell just last year, which has left my oldest brother to take care of the rest of us. I just started at Hogwarts and I am currently in my first year in the Hufflepuff House. I have a 8.00" Reed and Ashwinder Ash wand and am hoping to be able to afford a pet soon.

In real life, my name is Jess and I'm 24 years old. I still have red hair, but my eyes are brown and I'm only 4'11" not over 5 feet tall. I really don't have any siblings and my parents are still alive. I am a college student training to become a Child and Youth Counselor some day when I complete my education.

I currently have no friends here on HOL so feel free to send me a message. My HOL ID is Ed877
:lol:
Hufflepuff Pride <3
Liona Cho
No broom

Post by Liona Cho »

Hi.....,my name is Liona Cho, i am a first year student in Slytherin.....,this HOL is so.....amazing. there are many activities that can interest me. nice to meet you all guys, Let's be a good friend. :D
Karlyn Amherst
No broom

Post by Karlyn Amherst »

Hello! My name is Karlyn Amherst and I am a First Year Slytherin. IC Karlyn is a stuck-up brat that thinks the world revolves around here. She comes from a long line of Slytherins and thinks she knows everything.

OOC, I joined HOL about a week ago, and I keep finding something new every day, which is pretty great. IRL I am 26 years old and I love golfing with my husband, playing table-top games, video games, and crafting. I promise I am not like Karlyn OOCly, so please feel free to reach out if you want to plot or talk or whatever!
Scorpeia Lycros
No broom

Post by Scorpeia Lycros »

This is definitely what I really need!

My name's Scorpeia Cassandra Lycros.
So, I'm a proud first year Ravenclaw. I'm a half blood, my dad's the pure one. I grow up in Asia, where a lot of distinctive cultures exist and grow within the people. I myself an Asian and European descendant, but both of my parents decided to send me to Hogwarts instead of the other wizarding schools since my dad's been graduated there. Both of my parents are magical, and I'm so proud of them.

Don't forget to add me as your friend!
SC897

Corps.
Reggy Faraday
No broom

Post by Reggy Faraday »

Hello! I'm Reggy Faraday, as you can see, and I'm going to be a first year Hufflepuff this coming fall term.

I'm pretty sure I have a long-standing, on-and-off history with HOL; I stumbled upon a virtual Hogwarts in 2002 or 2003, and I'm pretty sure it was HOL. Never signed up for it though, because I was pretty young. I went looking for it again in high school, but juggling HOL and my real-life classes turned out to be too difficult for 15-year-old me. Now I'm back to continue my magical education in this lovely community! I look forward to talking and learning with y'all.
Nora Nightingale
No broom

Post by Nora Nightingale »

Hey y'all. Nora here. First year Slytherin and stoked to be here. I haven't a ton of free time but I'm hoping to juggle a few classes this term. Irl, I'm a young mom to an awesome toddler, I work two jobs, and I'm saving to go back to school next year for Bio with plans for med school in the future. Feel free to pm or email me, I'm always open to making friends. See you around!
Lucy Tyler
No broom

Post by Lucy Tyler »

Hi all! My name is Lucy Tyler and I've just been sorted into Hufflepuff.
IRL, my name is Heather, and I'm a massive bookworm from Australia who loves being creative and playing muggle quidditch for a local team. My friends (and Pottermore... twice...) insist I should be a Ravenclaw, but I maintain I'd be a hatstall and choose Hufflepuff. I think I seem to have signed up just in time for starting classes, yay!
Aidan Baker
No broom

Post by Aidan Baker »

Hello everyone,

my name is Aidan Baker, and as you all probably saw i was one of the first to be sorted into Ravenclaw this term. I found this really surprising as i don't think i'm very good academically at all, but regardless I really do enjoy learning so maybe that's why. I'm a bit shorter than your average first year, with short brown hair, hazel eyes and a slim build. These last few weeks have been a bit of a blur for me, as i had no idea i had any magical blood in me at all! My parents are both muggle, and we have no idea at all where it could have come from. I have a younger sister, so we'll just be waiting to see if she ends up getting a letter as well. Back in the muggle world, i was considering becoming a psychologist when i got through with my studies. Now i'm not really sure what i want to do, i guess i'll have to ask around and see what sort of jobs are in the magical community. I cant really wait to start studying, get my hands on a wand and pull a rabbit out of a hat or something!
Kia Brushman
No broom

Post by Kia Brushman »

Hi! I'm Kia, I'm going into college (freshman year ahh) this year and I'm a Slytherin first year! I love to read, write, and I play soccer for my college as well! I'm a sucker for poetry, as well as anything Maggie Stiefvater!
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Post by Pezzie Wolfe »

It is has been like 13 years since I posted an introduction. A lot as change for me in real life.

So let me just do my HOL intro:

I'm Pezzie Wolfe, long time 4th year. Famous for getting lost in corridors and or the forest. Believe me, do no go into that forest. I have seen things you can not unsee. I am a proud Hufflepuff.

I love having fun, making new friends. Making crafts, art work, playing games. Cheering on Hufflepuff in Qudditch. I am a good student. I don't cause trouble...well not that much.

[IRL I'm a young 45 year old who does not want to stop having fun. I live with various health issues that have had me in the hospital recently. But I am doing well. I really do like to craft. I own a bearded dragon named Diva who is Pezzie's magical pet. Check out my HOL profile to see a picture of Diva! I am a practicing Pagan in real life so things like divination, magic spells, etc I really practice. No, you can't fly. I wish. But I enjoy reading tarot cards and celebrating Pagan holidays. The key to life is always have fun. Smile More!]
Sig Tag by Pezzie. I Love NKOTB :wub:
HOL Member since August 2003 | Here's to 20 Years at HOL!
Pari Oceans
No broom

Post by Pari Oceans »

hello everyone!My name is Pari Oceans and I've just been sorted into Ravenclaw. :)
Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Mayes »

Hello! I'm a Ravenclaw and my name is Elizabeth Mayes, but I usually go by Eliza or sometimes Ellie. I'm a Muggleborn so I was pretty surprised when I got my letter. I'm very excited to be here though!

In RL, I'm 24 years old and on hiatus from college. Eventually I will be graduating with my Bachelors in General Studies with my areas of study being Psychology, Social Work, and History. I have a variety of interests including history, reading, and playing video games. I enjoy Sci Fi/Fantasy books the most and am currently reading The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin (Third in the Passage Trilogy) and The Hero of Ages by Branden Sanderson (Third in the Mistborn Trilogy). I don't normally read two books at once, but I've been keeping one at work to read on my lunch breaks and one at home for every other time. I also enjoy watching anime. Some of my favorite shows are Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc. I also enjoy watching Criminal Minds, Law & Order: SVU, etc.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

Hello,
My name is Gail Allen, and I am a Ravenclaw.
I've had my eyes on HOL for a while ever since one of my best friends showed it to me, and now I finally feel I have the time to actually do something about it, so I remembered it now and thought, with September being the start of a new academic year, it would be the perfect time to join :D
So here I am.

I love Harry Potter (obviously or I wouldn't be here) and reading in general. I just finished my education as a teacher, so I hope I'll be finding a job soon there. Otherwise I might like to work as a librarian. You might spot a book-trend here.
Anyway. I am looking very much forward to experiencing HOL.
Trystanne McAndrews
No broom

Post by Trystanne McAndrews »

Hey everyone! I'm Trystanne McAndrews, and I'm a first-year Slytherin. I'm a half-blood...my father is a pureblooded ex-Gryffindor while my mother is Muggleborn and an ex-Ravenclaw. They were both surprised when I told them I'd been Sorted into Slytherin, but I think they're getting used to it. :D

Anyway, in real life, I'm Amanda. I'm probably one of the older members here, as I'm 38. I love to read (my room looks like a small library), as well as watch horror movies, listen to Megadeth and Metallica and other such bands, cross-stitch, sew, and crochet. I hope to see y'all around on the boards! ^_^

Return to “The Great Hall”