The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Astra Carling
No broom

Re: The Topic For Introductions!

Post by Astra Carling »

Hi. I'm Astra Carling. I'm just learning my way around.
I'm a pure-blood witch, but I didn't know it until my letter arrived. My parents felt that our family would be safer if we didn't attract attention , so they were living like muggles, at least as far as I knew.
When my letter arrived, I thought it was some sort of joke, but they sat down and explained everything to me.

It isn't a joke, right?

Anyway, I've been sorted into Ravenclaw, and I hope to make friends and learn loads.

I might eventually post my muggle introduction...
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Welcome newbies!!! We're excited to have you here! Don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Arfæstne Mowbray
No broom

Post by Arfæstne Mowbray »

Hello! I'm Arfæstne (just... make up a nickname, I don't mind), and I'm a Hufflepuff First Year, a Londoner and an on-and-off member of about 5 different hogwarts sites at this point ;u; This is my gap year before university, and I'm hoping to study Sociology and History. I've never been sorted into Hufflepuff before so this makes a nice change! My particular interests Hogwarts-wise are runes, wandlore, procrastination, magical theory and ethics, and I've been analysing wands for people for a little while now.

I reckon the site structure will just take me a while to get my head around, so I'll try and hold off with questions about that. But if anyone can tell me which, if any, classes I can join this late in the term I'd be very grateful! The classes page says, or at least implies, that you can join some but not all classes mid-term, but the individual entry-level class pages I've looked at don't seem to include information as to whether they can be joined mid-term. Do I just join a couple and hope? Is it even possible for me to pass a class at this point? Sorry if this information is somewhere in the handbook, I think I've read it all but I could have missed something.

Edit: I missed something. Thanks Professor Black!
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxwell Shadow »

Hi and welcome to HOL.

You should still be able to join most classes and the professors will adjust the assignment due dates for you. I would recommend sending a message to the professors though so they know you want to join (many don't regularly check the sign ups at this point in the year). If you're interested in musicals my class is happy to accept new students!

Enjoy the classes you choose (I always have a hard time narrowing it down to 5!)

~Max
Slytherin forever
Rayven Field
No broom

Post by Rayven Field »

Hi!

I'm Rayven Field and I may or may not have had my mind wiped of most of the account information for my last account on this site... I really am hopeless, aren't I?
Oh well, I kept forgetting to hand my homework in.
I promise to be better this time.
Or to just not join any classes.

ANYWAY

I've been sorted into Hufflepuff and I'm excited to start my journey here again and to make the same friends as I had before!

Please ignore everything in tiny font. I'll regret this later even without you mentioning it.
Violet Diamandis
No broom

Post by Violet Diamandis »

Hi, everyone! I'm Violet Diamandis, a new ickle Slytherin firstie. I'm 22(aren't I ancient :blink: ) and I'm from Georgia, Usa. Feel free to pm me...I'm super chatty, haha. In my free time I enjoy reading sad books, watching Forensic Files, and playing with my bantam hen, Fred. Yes, her name is Fred. I'm excited to meet you all!
Samara Reagan
No broom

Post by Samara Reagan »

Hiya! My name is Samara (S-uh-mar-uh) Reagan (R-eh-g-anne) and I am a Gryffindor first year!~ I AM SO EXCITED TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS. I am also SUPER excited to start potions class. Making stuff and getting my hands dirty is one of my favorite things to do, that's why I love cooking. Reading is another fun thing I love to do OH OH OH and writing is cool too. They take you to another UNIVERSE!~ Anyway~ That's all I have to tell for now! Buh-bye!~
~ Samara Reagan
Proud Gryffindor
I love making new friends, contact me at any time!
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Hello everyone! My name is Vanessa and I am an official first year Ravenclaw! I live in North Carolina in the USA. I love reading, writing, drawing, and painting. I am a huge animal lover and currently have 5 dogs and 3 cats. I am so excited to be a part of this amazing group and look forward to all the new friends I will be making!!

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Rowan Oswald
No broom

Post by Rowan Oswald »

Hello, Rowan here. I'm a Ravenclaw first year, it seems no matter how many sites I've been sorted on I always end up in Ravenclaw. I'm 23 (absolutely ancient, shh). I live in the UK and try to read as much as I can, but being a student nurse doesn't leave a lot of free time. I'm excited to be here, really looking forward to classes starting after the summer!
Ravenclaw/\First Year/\They/Them pronouns
Rosie Rivers
No broom

Post by Rosie Rivers »

Hello, my name is Rosie Rivers and i am a first year Hufflepuff.I live in a small town in Wales surrounded by castles and beautiful scenery. I love to read, scrapbook and play hidden object games online.I have been taking part in lots of different activites going on throughout HOL and i have had so much fun. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here.I can't wait to get started on my class work.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Greetings and Salutations Everyone! My name is Marie Dark and I'm a second year Gryffindor... I started this site a long time ago but things kept coming up in life for me to take care of first.... so things have calm down a bit and I'm back!!! My hubby has now joined and he's in Ravenclaw but that's ok.... I still love him!!!! Lol we banter back and forth regarding this site so it's great.... well, it's great to be back.... we need more ACTIVE GRYFFINDORS. ... (((but completely understand things come up in life))) :rolleyes: :D :)
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

Hello my name is Austin Ollivander Black. I am a second year Ravenclaw. My wife introduced me to this site I love her (even if she's a Gryffindor.lol just kidding) I am a proud Ravenclaw and hope to make the RQT this year. GO EAGLES!
Image RQT 2017/18
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

Hello everyone! I am Shadow, a Ravenclaw first year.

I love HOL so far, and although I signed up a year ago I did not engage in any activities till now. I live in the USA, somewhere in the 3.8 million square miles of land. I am very outgoing with my friends, but I don't make friends easily. I love performing and I am currently taking an Acting class at school. I especially love reading and I am very into technology.

See ya! *rides away on broom* :D

P.S. I LOVE PMs. PM me anytime and I'll talk to you!
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Posting in behalf of my ghost appearance for HOL activity.

I used to love the Great Hall. I remember it was the first thing I saw when I entered Ghosthood. Sir Nicholas showed me around during the first years' ceremony and I loved seeing all the scared faces. I always found that the Great Hall had this familiar feeling and it gave me peace to haunt it. I especially liked to see the students enjoy the diners and I longed to the time I could eat all those lovely foods. Nowadays I haunt the Kitchens, but during the holidays I still love to go to the Great Hall, especially during Halloween and Christmas.
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Lady Anne Bullen wrote:
Although I loved Ravenclaw Tower with its quiet elegance, spectacular views, and massive library, some of my fondest memories are associated with the Great Hall. It was here that an owl delivered my first invitation to participate in a pageant at court. And it was under that enchanted ceiling that I bested Montague Knightley (just once) in a hotly contested game of Wizard Chess. And the Goblet of Fire, amid much controversy, named me Hogwarts champion for the Triwizard Tournament that I ultimately won. The Yule Ball was to die for, by the way. My portrait still hangs near the second-floor landing of the Grand Staircase.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Meara MacNeil
No broom

Post by Meara MacNeil »

Hello Everyone!

I'm Meara MacNeil,a first year RavenClaw. I'm super excited to meet everyone and to start in on classes :)

~Meara
Mara Freeman
No broom

Post by Mara Freeman »

Hi, everyone! I'm Mara Freeman. I'm a first-year Slytherin, and I'm super excited to be here at Hogwarts. I can't wait to start classes and meet new people. See you around the school!
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

Hi Everyone!

My name is Resyarrina Elora,
I like Harry Potter and all about the wizarding worlds, and i believe join here will give me another unforgettable experience!

I would like to try a lot of things here, but for now, I just joining the classes and try to earn the points for my house while earn quills in order to advance to the next year in HOL. Still wondering around to figure out things.

In my free time, i usually read books (re-read sometimes), play games, and i also like watch movie.

The sport I enjoy to do is swimming and basketball, but strangely enough, i just have an average height.

I'm from Indonesia and English is not my first language, however i keep learning, don't hesitate to correct me if i made mistake.

Nice to know you all!
Ravanya Maren
No broom

Post by Ravanya Maren »

Awwh no one's said hi in a while. Guess I'll do it!

Hi! I'm Ravanya, or Raven -- whichever works better for you. I'm 22 and I've been reading HP since I was barely out of my diapers. It's been a few years since I picked them up, but I'm delving right back into them because of this lovely community. I'm a first year Slytherin, though I'm hoping that with maximum effort I can be a second year right off the bat :)

I look forward to all of our misadventures!
Heather Peach
No broom

Post by Heather Peach »

It's been a few days since the first reply, but I have to say hi somewhere.

I'm Heather, and 22. A friend of mine linked me here and the moment I saw you guys had a Disney class I was sold.

I've been into Harry Potter since I was six or so. I haven't read the books in a while but I've been meaning to reread, but I also see the movies all the time since everybody in my family is into Harry Potter and my dad puts on the movies like...all the time. XD I'm a Ravenclaw, and hopefully I'll get to advance to a second year soon. ^^
Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight
We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do
And all our wishes will come true

Return to “The Great Hall”