The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

IC: Hello all! I'm Ariella McManus, (Ari for short :) ) first year Ravenclaw here at Hogwarts. I was lucky enough to spend my childhood in Crosshaven (Country Cork), Ireland, one of the prettiest places in the whole world. (Of course, I am just a wee bit prejudiced :P ) I'm a half-blood witch (Da is a wizard, Ma is a muggle) who absolutely loves to read, write poetry, and play with my cat, Sage. I can't wait to start my studies here and make new friends too!

OOC: Hey everyone! I'm Denise, from Texas, one of the *ahem* slightly older Harry Potter fans. (Ok, I'm older than dirt but we won't dwell on that!) When I'm stuck in the mundane, I love cooking, reading, creative writing, online roleplay, Guild Wars, and television (cooking shows, NCIS, CSI, Hawaii 5-0, Bluebloods, Top Chef, Project Runway, etc etc). I look forward to getting to know everyone; if ever you want to chat just give me a buzz.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

In character intro:
Hello everyone, I am Lavinia Rookwood, a first year Ravenclaw. I am so happy to be here and can't wait to make new friends!

I am from Havering, England, and my dad works in the Ministry of Magic, in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes. My mum was a healer witch for a long time, until she had my baby brother last year, Argus. I also have a dog named Merlin. I love to read and help my mum bake.

Out Of Character:
Hi, I'm Meg from Texas, a 21 year old college student. I pretty much fit the bill for a Ravie, so asking my favorite book is like pulling teeth. I love crime shows and cooking shows, with Project Runway thrown in for a bit of spice. Favorite music would be country or pop, but I can also find something in everything (I'm starting to like bluegrass, blues and metal are still not working it for me.). I can't wait to meet and make friends here on HoL!
Kelly Rizzoli
No broom

Post by Kelly Rizzoli »

Hi everyone! I'm Kelly Rizzoli, a first year Ravenclaw. :) I'm very excited to be here & can't wait to make new friends!

OOC: I'm a 22 year old graduate student. I'm most definitely a Ravenclaw (JKR's sorting test says so!). I love to read and learn. I mostly watch crime dramas on TV with the occasional comedy or old show thrown in (I'm a sucker for Three's Company and Bewitched). My favorite music is country, and I spend way more time online than is healthy.
Joanna Wester
No broom

Post by Joanna Wester »

In Character:

Hey there! I'm Joanna Wester, a first year Slytherin.
I'm a half france and half british. I lived in Oxford, U.K. Nice to meet you all!
I like reading, talking, and stuffs. I'm really sick of getting bored so I do many things :P

Out of Character:

Heyya! I'm Halimah, I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.
A Junior High School student. Love musics, books, and foods ;)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Hi, I'm Aurelia West, a first year Slytherin. I enjoy reading, writing, voice acting, drawing, and singing :)
Last edited by Aurelia West on Thu May 05, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angel Pevensie
No broom

Post by Angel Pevensie »

Hello everyone!

I'm Angel Pevensie, a first-year Gryffindor. I love to make new friends, so feel free to PM or eOwl me. You can read my profile on the main HOL. My posts here will mostly be in role playing, but once I get to know you better, I would reveal my RL self ;)
Rayne Devereaux
No broom

Post by Rayne Devereaux »

Hi everyone. I'm Rayne, a first year Slytherin. I can generally be found in the dungeons or on IRC but sometimes I can be found wandering around the main forum. I tend to bite off more than I can chew between classes, activities and clubs around HOL. What can I say? I'm making up for lost time after a years hiatus. ^__^

In RL I'm 21 and from the United States. Currently I am a student majoring music management and merchandising with hopes of working for a major record label. I love photography, books, music, nature, traveling, dancing, silly string and much more. My friends are a huge support system for me and I spend as much time with them as possible.

I love making new friends too, so feel free to say hi. I don't bite hard. :)
Bianca Delacroix
No broom

Post by Bianca Delacroix »

hi Hi HIIIIIIIIIIII

I can't believe I've never posted in here before! I am not a new student, I'm a second year but I might as well properly introduce myself.
I am Bianca Vail Delacroix. I was ousted from L'Academie de Beauxbatons in my first year there and transferred to Hogwarts into Ravenclaw House. I didn't do anything wrong there, my family pulled me and relocated me. It is a long story. Anyway, I ended up squibbing from Ravenclaw to Slytherin and I feel like it was a good fit from the start. I'm definitely equal parts of both houses, complete Slytherclaw.

In RL I am 25, I have the luxury of working from home, and I enjoy all things art. I have recently, because of HOL, become much more adept at creating graphics and manipulating images and such with the computer. I went to school for Illustration but I did more of the traditional arts, painting, drawing, etc. I study French and ballet, and I am a traveler. I have a brand new passport, I got my first one when I was a minor and had to renew it recently, and I am looking to fill its pages with stamps!

Anyway, I consider myself a good person to sit down and talk with. If you ever want to have a chat! you can find me on the irc or send me a quicky message :)

B Xx
Isabel Wong
No broom

Post by Isabel Wong »

Hi everyone! I'm Isabel, I'm 17 and from Singapore. Currently a Gryffindor Second Year!

Btw, I'm trying to win Simple Plan concert tickets when they come to Singapore so please help me out by liking this picture! Just a few seconds, please help me thanks!

ETA: No outside links, sorry. Please PM her if you're interested in helping her out.
Last edited by Isabel Wong on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing link
Serenity Ambrosia
No broom

Post by Serenity Ambrosia »

Hello everyone! My name is Serenity Ambrosia, and I am currently a first year Gryffindor! I love to role play and meet new people. I'm still getting used to everything here, and I can't wait until I can enroll in classes.

If you have any questions, or want to be my friend, hit me up!
Ziggy Scarlet
No broom

Post by Ziggy Scarlet »

Hi, I'm Ziggy Scarlet. You can call me 'Zig' or 'Ziggy' if you wish. I'm a first year Slytherin and am really excited about taking classes at HOL. I am currently taking Herbology, Potions for Beginners, and Tales for Beedle the Bard. I like reading, drawing and playing video games.
Tyler Merritt
No broom

Post by Tyler Merritt »

Hello! I'm Tyler Merritt. I joined on February 2nd. Nice to meet you! :lol: :P :ph34r:
Remy Atkins
No broom

Post by Remy Atkins »

Hello everyone. I'm Remy Atkins, a Slytherin first year. It's very nice to meet you!
Twila Sallow
No broom

Post by Twila Sallow »

Hello, my name is Twila Sallow, but you are more than welcome to call me Twi or Twil. :) Excited to be a part of HOL finally, and have been trying to find the time to be a member for the past three years. Can't wait to get involved in the community!
Maddi Carter
No broom

Post by Maddi Carter »

Hi I am Madison, or Maddi as people call me! I am a proud Canadian and Slytherin. I love to read and write and I love Harry Potter and Hunger Games!
Delilah Willow Foster
No broom

Post by Delilah Willow Foster »

Hi! I'm Delilah Willow Foster, a pureblood first year Slytherin.

In real-life I'm a 23 year old from Massachusetts and I like learning, reading and writing (especially poetry) and attempting to make webcomics. (And I look nothing like my character here).
Last edited by Delilah Willow Foster on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Wallace
No broom

Post by Neil Wallace »

Hello everyone, I am Neil Wallace, a half-blood wizard. I come from Braemar, a small village located in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. I'm interested in healing and protective magic, the history of magic, charms and, when needed, dark magic. Other than that, I love philosophy, music, exercising and various other things. My goal is to become one of the greatest healers in the wizarding world and also to find true wisdom and knowledge through philosophy.

In real life, I come from Croatia, I'm 19 years old and a student of philosophy. Since I was eight or nine years old, I've been reading and watching Harry Potter, so it really is a great part of my childhood. For my character, I chose Scotland because I'm fascinated by it's culture and history (which is quite simmilar to ours actually). I called him Neil because it bares a wee bit resemblance with my real name and I chose the last name - Wallace, to honour the great hero of Scotland. Maybe the name isn't the most creative one, but at least it's very honest. My real life interests are also philosophy, music (I play guitar and bass), poetry and exercising.

I hope I'm welcome here and I look forward to meeting new people and having fun! :)
Ta panta rhei kai ouden menei...
Allison Sullivan
No broom

Post by Allison Sullivan »

Hi I'm Allison Sullivan a Gryffindor first year :)

I'm taking HOL 101 and in Lion Cub Pawtner Project to help me to not get lost around HOL >__<
oh, I also in Gryffindor Rookie Camp to learn everything about Quiddy.

I currently in my college vacation, so you might be (always) spotted me available on IRC.
Last edited by Allison Sullivan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lori Jack
No broom

Post by Lori Jack »

Hey all! My name is Lori Jack and I am a first year that is coming from Hufflepuff!
For my first term ever, I am taking Death Eaters 101, HOL 101, A Visit to Hogsmeade, Herbology and Ghost studies.

In RL, I am in my last year of high school and really hoping to enroll in Faculty of Civil Justice and Security in the next uni year.
See you around HOL!

~Lori
Alex Sparks
No broom

Post by Alex Sparks »

Hello everyone!

I'm Alex Sparks, and a happy badger firstie!

I'm 40 and live in Germany... And I am not very good at talking about myself -_-

Really looking forward to the classes (Care of Magical Creatures, Potions For Beginners, Wand-Making, When Muggles and Magic Collide and Word Magic! Yay!),

and as I like to get my paws working, I guess you will find some things in the arts department sooner or later ;)

Always happy about new friends, just add me or PM or whatever you like :D

Uh-oh, I have spent nearly all of the last two years on facebook and really have to get back into forum posting :blink:
Last edited by Alex Sparks on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Great Hall”