What Is In A Name?

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Krystal Young
No broom

Post by Krystal Young »

I got the first name. Krystal, from one of korea girlband's member name.
and the last name I got from her last name too, her is Jung, and I made it to Young..

not so creative but I love that name <3
"You have to wait for somebody gets it right. That way you learn.."
Brighid Katz
No broom

Post by Brighid Katz »

I chose Brighid Katz because Brighid is one of my favorite names (and the name I often use as one of my alternate aliases). Katz was mostly chosen as a last name because I like using names that mean cat or kitten, since felines are my favorite type of animals.
Brighid Katz |2nd Year Hufflepuff|Member of: HOL Bookclub, HOLLERS
Wand: 11.00" Willow, Unicorn Tail Hair|Personal Motto: Ex amicitia familia = From Friendship Family
~MY HOL Profile~
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

Well my name isn't really intesting my nickname is Bull in rl and Johnson is my best friends last name. J because my first name is J so it really no persona its really me.
Kynleigh Ray
No broom

Post by Kynleigh Ray »

I came up with Kynleigh Ray when I was first signing up for panemoctober.com (a Hunger Games ARG). We had to have first and last names, so when I came to this website and realized we need first and last names as well, I just used that one. Kynleigh, now that I think on it, was a subconscious reflection of my love of Glee. xD (Kynleigh-McKinley) In all the other RPG's that I've played, I've always been Alyson Granger, so why I changed it, I have no idea. :)
Mary Ann Shaw
No broom

Post by Mary Ann Shaw »

I have always found Mary Ann to be an adorable name so that is why I chose Mary Ann. I chose Shaw because Fiona Shaw is my favorite actress so I thought that would be a nifty idea.
Eloise Renard
No broom

Post by Eloise Renard »

My story is kind of boring too... I used this name to RP on another site, but didn't do much with it (it was required of me to have one as I was staff there)
It was based in Beauxbatons, so I chose Renard at random from a list of "French" last names (I have absolutely no idea if it is French or not - hence quotation marks) and Eloise is my middle name :)
Vanessa Cruise
No broom

Post by Vanessa Cruise »

My name has no interesting backstory or anything (though sometimes I wish it did) and I've only been on HOL for about 10 days, but I'm already getting tired of it. The name is from one of my original stories. I liked the name Vanessa for a while and I really don't know where I got the last name. It just sort of fit with the first name.
Alis Gray
No broom

Post by Alis Gray »

I have no backstory my real name is Allison and I go by the nickname Alis and I've always wanted the last name Gray. So there we go!
"When I waked I cried to dream again."
Joanna Wester
No broom

Post by Joanna Wester »

Well, I got my name from J.K Rowling's "Joanne" but I modified it a bit to be "Joanna". about Wester, I'm think about Western and stuffs and the idea comes through my head. I use "Joanna Wester" on roleplaying mostly so I get used to it.
Radek Czernovski
No broom

Post by Radek Czernovski »

Hello,
Radek is quite common first name in the Czech Republic. Czernovski is probably the surname of my great-great-grandfather from Poland, but I am not sure. :-) Right now I have different surname.
Angel Pevensie
No broom

Post by Angel Pevensie »

Hi everyone!

For my name, Angel Pevensie, I have been using 'Angel' as my surname in role playing so this time I want to use it as my first name. As for 'Pevensie', The Chronicles of Narnia is one of my favourite books, and I don't want to use any surname from Harry Potter. It would make my name seem unoriginal :P
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

My story is pretty unoriginal. I make up characters for stories that I write and this was one of those names. Yeah. That's really it.
Katniss Weasley
No broom

Post by Katniss Weasley »

My name is easy. Katniss because I love the Hunger Games. And Weasley because I am obsessed with those redheads!
Awesome siggy made by Laurie Lovegood!
Kat Weasley~Gryffindor's Spice Squad~Graphically Challenged~My HPPC Parchment
Iris Ixchel
No broom

Post by Iris Ixchel »

My friends all call me Rainbow so I picked names that relate to rainbows. In Greek mythology (which I love) Iris is the personification of the rainbow, so that was nice and easy. Ixchel is a Mayan goddess that relates to the rainbow (and a lot of other things too).
Kaiwa Alexandra
No broom

Post by Kaiwa Alexandra »

My name Kaiwa comes from two anime character that i have love since um, 7 years ago: KAIto kid and kaede rukaWA.
Lol.
And i love alexandra name because it reflects the strength and independence. Which is me is very independent girl, in person :D
Last edited by Kaiwa Alexandra on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Post by Fumei Spookie »

Umh my name is for a part an ancient nickname of my XD
I adopted the name Fumei several years ago as my nickname on forums etc. The reason for that name was because when I still had my wild hairs (urgh I'm sounding old XP) I used the be a wonderful scatterbrain and kind of weird. So then I got that name which means weird XP
Shirokuro is just something I came up a few months ago. I needed a new name for a GW character of mine, and since those names have to exist out of 2 names I thought of Shirokuro (which means white/black) that because of the profession my GW character got from me XD
So nothing special for this name XP
Vera Prince
No broom

Post by Vera Prince »

I chose the last name 'Prince' for two reasons. My parents always joke that I am the family's princess and that ever since I was little, I've always been the princess of the house. Also, my favorite character in the HP series is Severus Snape. Instead of picking an obviously Severus-related last name (Snape), I chose to go with the slightly more subtle (if you squint) Prince because of my connection to the word princess.

As for the first name, Vera is closely related to my own name in some Hindu writings. Vera means brave (ex: Vera Lakshmi) and is a name linked to the goddess Lakshmi, who's name is my middle name (my first name IRL is also related to Lakshmi).

Vera Prince is also the name of my Main Character in my NaNoWriMo for this year, and it's a name that I had wandering around in my head for a bit. Originally, her name was Vera Jones, but... I typo-ed and wrote 'Prince' instead of 'Jones' and it was so perfect I kept it! ... maybe one day I'll publish it... that would be super-epic :)

That's pretty much it! :)
Last edited by Vera Prince on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creds to Brie MacKenna for the awesome siggy~!
Serenity Ambrosia
No broom

Post by Serenity Ambrosia »

I have two children, their middle names are Hope and Faith. I always said that if I had another girl, her middle name would be Serenity. I fell in love with that name when I was around 14.

My last name, I chose because Ambrosia is the fruit of the Gods. I just thought it sounded amazing together.
Delilah Willow Foster
No broom

Post by Delilah Willow Foster »

LOL I mentioned this on IRC last time I was on.

Delilah because of the Anna Nalick song "Sort of Delilah" (I wanted to use the name of a fictional villain, Dahlia, but figured that with the last name I chose, it would be too close to her canon identity and I like how Delilah just flows more and is more haughty-sounding in my head)

Willow is just a name I like [and I have always loved Willow Trees] ... and I like how combined Delilah Willow sounds musical (I like the L sound)

and Foster because it's the last name of the alias said fictional villain uses when she's trying to cover her villainous tracks
Last edited by Delilah Willow Foster on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Great Hall”