What Is In A Name?

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Connor Gage
No broom

Re: What Is In A Name?

Post by Connor Gage »

The story behind my name is fairly straightforward and uninteresting :p

I haven't roleplayed in years, and didn't really have any character name to choose from, so I went with the last names of two of my grandparents, and stuck them together :) Voila! Connor Gage was born.
Beatrix Moonlight
No broom

Post by Beatrix Moonlight »

Hello everyone!

Probably like for most of us, my process of nickname selection was pretty dull :D . I am somewhat fascinated by Bellatrix Lestrange's character, however, I did not want to go with her actual name (nor was I allowed to anyway). So, I decide to go for Beatrix as a good substitute for her first name. Moonlight is just one of my favorite words in the English language so I figured why not make it my last name. :wub:
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange »

I actually looked at a name generator trying to come up with mine. “Septima” was a name that came up and that just sort of called to me. I played with a few others but Septima really felt like it suited me. Lestrange because that family lineage is the one that’s always been the most fascinating to me.

I’m a cosplay model and I normally cosplay known characters, my favorite cosplays have been of my personal OCs. I brought the character of Septima Lestrange to life with an entire backstory of darker things calling to me as my family history may dictate but breaking free from it to follow my own path.

When I discovered HOL, about 2 years after that photoshoot, I knew I had to keep the name.
Jessica Barnes
No broom

Post by Jessica Barnes »

So Jessica is my first real name and I'm a Marvel fan so I took James Barnes last name and used that. That is how I came up with Jessica Barnes. I was going to do Rogers but Jessica Rogers was taken already.
Hockey is life!
Luna Mae Moon
No broom

Post by Luna Mae Moon »

I chose to put my name as Luna Mae Moon because Luna Lovegood is my favourite Harry Potter character, my middle name is Mae and I love space and the moon so I chose Moon as my last name ❤️
Annie Days
No broom

Post by Annie Days »

I chose my name by taking my real name and playing with the sounds :)

My first name is V-Ann aka Annie

I wanted something I could remember well since I am on lots of pages that I visit daily and didn't want to forget it.
Kendra Goldstein
No broom

Post by Kendra Goldstein »

I generated my HOL name on a website using parts of my real name.
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I knew that I could use the last name Lovegood and the first name that popped into my head was Hannah.
Cailyn Woodenvale
No broom

Post by Cailyn Woodenvale »

Well, the story behind my name is pretty boring.

In real life, Cailyn is my second name. So, since I didn't want to use my real name, I decided to use Cailyn. As for Woodenvale, I just used google. I looked up something similar to "magical names" or something like that, picked a site and just went with it!

And now here we are, Cailyn Woodenvale it is :)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Hello, everyone. My name is Silvana Mandeville, I chose this name for my HOL name because I love it and have used it for a long time since I created my character to do roleplaying years ago. I chose Silvana because the last syllable is the same as my real name and the name reminds me of a character from drama. As for Mandeville, I looked for French Surnames on the internet for Silvana and found it. Silvana and Mandeville are very well matched. And since that day, I have used this name everywhere in the virtual world.
Kaissa Chessley
No broom

Post by Kaissa Chessley »

Kaissa is the name of a fictional chess goddess, and I am obsessed with that game so I picked it. I changed the spelling of the original Caissa because my first name starts with a K. My last name... oh well, I'm sure you guys can figure it out :)
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

Mine came from Hogwarts Mystery, it was a random name but I like it so that is where it came from
Willow Carter
No broom

Re:

Post by Willow Carter »

Why Willow Carter?

I wanted a name that was simple yet unique. Willow came to my head when Taylor Swift released her single 'willow'. It's a beautiful song and I the word itself I found catchy. Also I thought it linked the three greatest loves of my life, Taylor Swift, Harry Potter (the whomping willow) and Nature.
I later found out that the word 'willow' is associated with Moon Magic, which is mesemerizing. And it made me love the name even more.

I thought with the first initial 'W', my last name should start with 'C'. I just couldn't imgine anything else. And the name Carter just popped into my mind. I don't know why but I'm guessing it was because of two amazing fictional charaacters; Peggy Carter (mcu) and Carter Black (Night School).
Cole Thronheart
No broom

Post by Cole Thronheart »

I chose my name because, Cole is a nickname my grandfather gave me, short for Nicole. And Thronheart I got when I was coming up with names for my Draco Malfoy Fan-Fiction. So I decided to just use that as my HOL surname.
Crystal Snow
No broom

Post by Crystal Snow »

I chose the name Crystal as that has always been one of my faviourite names growing up . I choose Snow as Crystal's last name as my feather weather is snow .
Crystal.A.Snow
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I chose Aura because I am interested in auras and think that it's a pretty name. Nightmoon is part of my online gamer tag, and I am obsessed with the moon and the night sky.
Reyyan Azkendra
No broom

Post by Reyyan Azkendra »

So ... why Reyyan Azkendra?

It's quite hard to explain, but I'll try to explain it ^^
So, actually Reyyan is a pun from riyan (the name I use for roleplayer at somewhere). At first I wanted to use the name Riyan as the first name, but somehow it was not approved so I changed it a little. For Azkendra ... It's also a pun from Azkaban (this randomly crossed on my mind) :lol:

And... Here I am, Reyyan Azkendra. A 2nd year student who trapped by Silvana Mandeville's persuasion :D
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Post by Skylar Peyton »

I watched a TV show one time called "Mighty Med", it was quite good and one of my favorite characters on that is named Skylar. So I chose that to be my name on here. I chose my last name to be Peyton because that is my real first name.
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

Well to be fair, the Louis is a translation of my real name Ludwik.

Walles used to be my stage image back when I was 16. It is pronounced Wallace. Walles is actually just that surname but spelled wrong and the spelling caught my attention and liking.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Post by Harry Walles »

My first name is indeed my first name - Harry. Surname I took from my husband who joined first. Kind of wanted to show off :rolleyes: :wub: :lol:

Return to “The Great Hall”