What Is In A Name?

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Vanessa Hewitt
No broom

Re: What Is In A Name?

Post by Vanessa Hewitt »

I must admit that I'm a very sentimental person, so both parts of my name come from two different friends of mine that I've made over the years. The first part of my name, Vanessa, comes from the first friend that I ever made, and the last name, Hewitt, is the last name of another dear friend of mine. I thought that the names sounded pretty together, and ta-da! Name acquired.
Aidan Baker
No broom

Post by Aidan Baker »

How I got my name is pretty boring really. My first name is Aidan anyway, so for a lack of confusion during classes i decided to stick with it. For my last name , i really like baking and baker has always been a name i go to when writing characters so, baker it was.
Arfæstne Mowbray
No broom

Post by Arfæstne Mowbray »

I have a few go-to aliases but I decided I'd mix it up this time. Arfæstne is actually a mangled form of an old English abstract noun? And Mowbray's my mother's maiden name.
Astra Carling
No broom

Post by Astra Carling »

Astra means star, so that is a name with a magical aura.
Carling means a hill where witches gather, so it seemed quite appropriate.
I love creating names!
Michael Fu
No broom

Post by Michael Fu »

My name radiate with my renewal spirit to the death of my bad life experience, and a rebirth with fresh experience in the future.
It's unique in way that my real Chinese first name actually similar to Phoenix. B)
Rowan Wildsmith
No broom

Post by Rowan Wildsmith »

My name was originally something I came up with for my bff. She's always been a huge Ravenclaw (even though Pottermore sorted her into Gryffindor at first). I wanted to come up with a name for her to use online so I chose Rowan. She didn't have any interest in roleplaying so I ended up using it on here instead. Wildsmith just sounded very...magical.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

When I created my account I simply felt it was asking me truthfully.... so boring me put me down as me!!!! So yes it is my name and it says so on my drivers license.... lol. I guess I never felt like changing it..... maybe I should be a Black or Last name Griffin..... lol :D :lol:
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

My name is rather easy. Austin is my real first name. As for the middle and last I wanted a very strong magical name with ties to a magical family bloodline (also one I could make a back history to) So my middle name is Ollivander after the greatest family of wand makers. My last name for one of my favorite wizards Serius Black who is my cousin.
Image RQT 2017/18
Talia Snow
No broom

Post by Talia Snow »

My name is simple: Talia, but then Snow based off Jon Snow cause yes.
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

With my first name I wanted to honor my friend who inrtoduced me to HOL, her real name is Shadow (she often complains about it). As for my last name I was just reading Deathly Hallows and I looked at my bookmark and I saw Gaunt. I said the name out loud "Shadow Gaunt" and I quite liked it.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

Resyarrina is a name of a character from the books that i like. Resyarrina is the last princess of ancient Queen which have a very complicated fate and intriguing life story. Elora is the name come up when i try to find a name for my niece which have a meaning of "Light". Both become my favorite name and that's why i chose them.
At first, I actually consider using some name mixed of Harry Potter's characters but at last i decide not to and again using this name, which i use often in some other forum as a nick name. B)
Chalephy Wander
No broom

Post by Chalephy Wander »

My name is easy. Chalephy came from my favorite name ‘Charlotte’ and Wander is came from ‘Wonder’.
Aquila Malfoy
No broom

Post by Aquila Malfoy »

Well, I wanted a Latin-like name, because, Draco is a Latin name, and I wanted to be his sister. I got the last name Malfoy, obviously because Draco Malfoy is one of my favorite characters. I thought it’d be cool to be his sister, so yeah. That’s how I got my name! ^_^
Keani Orion
No broom

Post by Keani Orion »

Aloha my name is Keani Orion and I am a first year Slytherin. My own name and how it came about is one of my favorite things to talk about. So here it is. Well my first name Keani is actually the name of my favorite uncle. My last name Orion is after my favorite constellation. So there you go, Keani Orion!!!!
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Hello! My name is Iverian Gnash. The reason I chose this name is actually kind of an interesting story. B) I am writing a book based off of magic. I wouldn't say it's a HP fanfic in any way because I'm actually trying to stray away from that, so this book is kind of my own thing. I was looking for a name for my character and Ivy stuck into my head. I decided that that would be more of a nickname for my character and wanted to make it longer. After thinking about it, I thought Iverian sounded cool and exotic. Gnash was just a name I found off of one of those last name generators and I thought it went pretty well with Ivy and Iverian. When I was signing up for HOL, my character's name popped into my head and I thought in tribute to her, I would use that as my username. So, anyway, that's the story. BTW, my book is now halfway finished :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Ivy Field
No broom

Post by Ivy Field »

My name isn't really special. All I did was I liked the name Ivy, and I thought that since my first name was a plant, I should make my second one a plant name too. :)
Adanys Mond'wil
No broom

Post by Adanys Mond'wil »

My name was originally created for a Wheel of Time community I joined. I soon adopted it as my online persona and decided to use it here as well. Adanys comes from a random name generator, Wynterwulf (my last name elsewhere) comes from my love of wolves, Wolfkin, and Perrin Aybara, and Mond'wil is another random name :)
Start Light
No broom

Post by Start Light »

My name is pretty basic. It literary just start like start a car. I do go by star since that is what my name is suppose to be. Then Light as in light in the sky. I have pretty lame but unique name.
Roseallyn Jacobs
No broom

Post by Roseallyn Jacobs »

Roseallyn Jacobs is actually the name of the first character of a story I created when writing my first story. I always loved the name Rose and Jacobs came from Jacob in the Twilight series. The story I was writing got lost in the many moves I've done in my life. (The story was on paper) She was my favorite character, as she was fun to write and to learn about.
Rachel Banning
No broom

Post by Rachel Banning »

My story is very boring, to be honest. When I signed up and it asked for my name and I saw that it said not to post your real name, I didn't know the types of names that people would be choosing. Since "Rachel Banning" is the pseudonym that I use whenever I am in need of a pseudonym, I just went with that.

Return to “The Great Hall”