What Is In A Name?

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Aveliana Goldthorn
No broom

Post by Aveliana Goldthorn »

Aveliana is the name of my paladin on WoW. It was a randomly generated name but I liked it. Goldthorn is an herb in WoW, and I decided it was Ave's last name when I was developing her character. So yep. :)
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Belmont »

Gabrielle comes from my favorite book The vampire Lestat. My best friend and I have this game, I call him Lestat and he calls me Gabrielle. Belmont comes from my favorite game Castlevania, so its sort of a joke, cause Gabrielle is a vampire, and in the Belmont family all are vampire hunters.
Proud Slytherin/Second year.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.
Zach Goldenfarb
No broom

Post by Zach Goldenfarb »

Well My real name is hidden in my hol name. Easy to spot I bet.
Gryffindor 2007-2008 for the cup!
You know you want to win.
MAKE AS MANY POINTS AS YOU CAN!
Stella Splendens
No broom

Post by Stella Splendens »

So, my first name is Stella because it means 'a star' in Latin and in 1987, my year of birth, a supernew star had appeared. Stella Splendens is a name of my favourite medieval song (XII ct.) 'Splendens' in Latin means 'sparkling'.
I worship the great braveness of Gryffindors ,
I admire the measureless minds of Ravenclaws ,
I like the smiling faces of Hufflepuffs ,
But my heart will always remain there, in the dark and cosy dungeons of Slytherin ...

Harry Potter Fans in Ukraine
LaCher Ingmar
No broom

Post by LaCher Ingmar »

Well, LaCher is a name I've read somewhere, I think and it's just so pretty, I just had to have it as my name! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Ingmar is just a name I came up with.
Linna Suomen
No broom

Post by Linna Suomen »

Hello there!

I love that kind of topic! We've got one in Ravenclaw as well! It's always interesting to know where people got their names from!!

The origin of mine would be pretty transparent for Finns! Linna Suomen is in fact "Suomenlinna" the sea fortress of Finland! I fell in love with Helsinki and plan to go and live there, and Suomenlinna is the most beautiful place of Finland for me, which is saying something, seeing as Finland is the most beautiful country on earth!!

Oh my... I had made a promise to myself not to rent about Finland... And I did it again... Sorry!!

*blushes slightly*

Have a good day everyone!!
Gypsy Willows
No broom

Post by Gypsy Willows »

Hello all.

my name came from a movie i absolutely adore called gypsy 83, and the main character's name is gypsy, and i've always loved that name. willows came from the street my friend lives on, i just thought it souded lovely together.
I am a Proud Teen Mommy...

To Joseph (January 18, 2006) and Andrew (July 12, 2007)
Jacqualine Snape
No broom

Post by Jacqualine Snape »

My name is my real one, I'm just so determined that when I graduate from HOL I can say I did it for real.
HARD WORK CAN TURN ANY DREAM INTO REALITY - BUT A BIT OF MAGIC ALWAYS HELPS
Dara Muthia
No broom

Post by Dara Muthia »

Jacqualine Dimmer wrote:QUOTE (Jacqualine Dimmer @ Oct 6 2007, 02:32 PM) My name is my real one, I'm just so determined that when I graduate from HOL I can say I did it for real.
Yeah, I agree to you Jacqualine because my name is the real one, and I want when I pass HOL, All of people will know I really pass hogwarts /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Yavanna Basham
No broom

Post by Yavanna Basham »

Yay! So I'm not the only one who used my real name on HOL!
Now I don't feel so strange, telling people that I didn't just make mine up. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Caitlin Hewett
No broom

Post by Caitlin Hewett »

My first name is my real one and my last name is my mother's maiden name. Was going to use my real name but it was already taken on here.
Last edited by Caitlin Hewett on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masha MaIfoy
No broom
proud to be here

Post by Masha MaIfoy »

Well.. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Masha MaIfoy.. Is it weird?
My HOL last name is maifoy, not MALFOY.. I'm a fan of the malfoys.. But i don't want to-just-follow their last name.. so i modified it..
And Masha is the combination of my nick name and someone special whom i wish to be my husband (not a BF).. Haha.. amien.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Wanna know me?
1) Send me PM..
2) I'll reply..
3) We'll be friends..
Coryphee Etoile
No broom

Post by Coryphee Etoile »

dara muthia wrote:QUOTE (dara muthia @ Oct 7 2007, 07:33 PM) Yeah, I agree to you Jacqualine because my name is the real one, and I want when I pass HOL, All of people will know I really pass hogwarts /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Nope! I use my real name too! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Coryphee Etoile ~ Gryffindor First Year
Wand: Bloodwood and Dragon Heartstring 11 3/4 inches
Thanks to Noora Novel for the SigImage
Endang Potter
No broom

Post by Endang Potter »

QUOTE /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> because of me, It's still in Potter's family. So my name endang potter hehehe..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
My cousin Harry Potter, i am very proud because he can survive his life until now[/quote]
Magically Greetings

Endang Potter | en806 | Gryfindor | Second Year
Jacqualine Snape
No broom

Post by Jacqualine Snape »

Jacqualine because thats my real name, Snape well I think everyone can guess that one.
HARD WORK CAN TURN ANY DREAM INTO REALITY - BUT A BIT OF MAGIC ALWAYS HELPS
Kenzie Jones
No broom

Post by Kenzie Jones »

How I come up with my HOL name, lets see.

Well I've always liked the name Kenzie and I have three favourite surnames, which are Jones, Jackson and Smith. I tried the surnames out against the name Kenzie, Kenzie Smith you get the point and Kenzie Jones sounded best so that's why I'm called Kenzie Jones and I'm not going to change it now.

Thanks for listening, Kenzie.
Becca Claymont
No broom

Post by Becca Claymont »

Mine isn't that interesting. 'Bella' is the name of the main character in Twilight. I decided not to make my name exactly the same as hers. Becca was the closest name I found to Bella. And then for the last name I put two of my freind's last names together and got Claymont.
Vivian Isabelle Victoire
No broom

Post by Vivian Isabelle Victoire »

mine's not that interesting either. ><
Well. Vivian IS my name...
Isabelle seems a nice name...
and i found Victoire when I re-read the seventh book, the Deathly Hallows, and it seemed cute. ^^
And i just realised if i put the initials together it would be Viv, which is the short-form of Vivian, which is also what my friends call me sometimes (:
Fred Cokish
No broom

Post by Fred Cokish »

Well, my real name is Fred, and Fred Weasley is pretty much my hero. As for Cokish, I was drinking a Coke at the time, so I just thought it would be a cool name.
Last edited by Fred Cokish on Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julian Charlie
No broom

Post by Julian Charlie »

Julian is my middle name, and I've used Charlie as an RP character before and I've even been a 'Julian Charlie' before. So I decided, why not, kept the tradition an ongoing thing.
Sig N av by Meh (Julian @ The Palace)

Return to “The Great Hall”