If the sorting hat sorted you into another house than your current one, what would it be?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

If the sorting hat sorted you into another house than your current one, what would it be?

Post by Evie Figg »

Say the sorting hat sorted you into another house than the one you are currently in. Which house do you believe you would be sorted into?

For me, my entire childhood was spent thinking I was a Gryffindor, as I was loyal to my friends and showed courage at a young age. However, when I officially became of age to attend Hogwarts, I was sorted into Hufflepuff!

It took me a few years to get used to being a Hufflepuff, and as the years go on, I see more and more why the sorting hat chose this house for me. I possess many stereotypical Hufflepuff traits such as loving sweets and food, and adoring all sorts of plants and nature. Yet, I know I still have those courageous Gryffindor tenancies, as well!

What about you? If you weren't sorted into your current house, which one do you believe the sorting hat would put you in?
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Re: If the sorting hat sorted you into another house than your current one, what would it be?

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I am currently in Ravenclaw, but I think that if the Sorting Hat put me in some other house, it would be Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. I am a Pottermore Gryffindor, and I understand why. I think it's because I value chivalry, courage, and standing up for our loved ones. I could also be a Hufflepuff, actually, I used to be a Hufflepuff earlier. As my personality slowly changed from MBTI type INFJ to INTP-T, my Pottermore Sorting Hat quiz results also changed from Hufflepuff to Gryffindor. I can't really see myself in Slytherin because I tend to be straightforward in my dealings and like to tackle problems head on, rather than find sneaky ways of winning, and I am more hungry for love than power, but I also have a tad bit of ambitiousness in me.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: If the sorting hat sorted you into another house than your current one, what would it be?

Post by February Fortescue »

This is a tough one to answer, because the Sorting Hat invariably places me into Ravenclaw, even though I'm a Slytherin on HOL. In the beginning, i didn't understand: I wanted to be like Hermione and automatically assumed i'd be in Gryffindor because I gravitate towards the light and not the dark, but as I came to understand what the Houses represented, i realized I'm the least Gryffindor of them all. I tend to value wisdom, creativity, independence, originality and being true to oneself above all, and I enjoy learning and gaining knowledge, and my personality most closely resembles Hermione and Luna with a touch of Madam Trelawney. But I also have a strong competitive and ambitious side, two of my favorite characters are Severus Snape and Regulus Black, and my closest friends tend to be Slytherins, so I see Slytherin as my secondary house.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”