Spooky Season

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Spooky Season

Post by Iverian Gnash »

With Halloween right around the corner, the house elves have been busy at work no doubt preparing for the annual Halloween feast. There has always been some sort of entertainment at every Halloween feast (dancing skeletons anyone?). With each new year, the ideas become more and more extravagant. What would you like to see at this Halloween celebration? Was there anything in the books that inspires an idea for Halloween entertainment?

I think an old fashioned pumpkin carving contest (inspired from Hagrid's pumpkin patch) would have been quite amusing to watch if the students were entirely not allowed to use magic and instead had to utilize regular muggle tools for their creations. It would have been a mess, but nothing that couldn't have been cleaned up quickly with a swish of a wand afterwards.

While the Halloween feast has been characterized with quite a few unpleasant events in previous years like a troll breaking in or a cat being petrified for instance, let's hope this celebration remains as planned! :lol:
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Re: Spooky Season

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

As well as Ivey's pumpkin carving idea, maybe there could be fancy dress too. Perhaps there could be a general Halloween fancy dress or one with historical figures in the witching/ wizarding world.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: Spooky Season

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Ditto on Muggle ideas. When I have time, I love to do DIY ornaments for major holidays. Few years ago, me and my cousin made cheesecloth ghosts (which actually turned out more terrifying than we hoped) and spider egg sacs.

I think something magical with making-it-as-a-muggle twist would be perfect for majority of the students.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”