Harry Potter Subscription Boxes

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Adaleine Shuster

Harry Potter Subscription Boxes

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

I know that subscription boxes are becoming rather popular these days, and loads of Harry Potter ones exist. They come in a range of prices, depending on how many items and how different or rare the items are. One box that especially comes to mind is the LitJoy Magical Edition crate. Now I’m not really sure f this would fit in here, as it isn’t really a subscription box. Two of these come out a year, and they are expensive (the next one is priced at 99 USD!). You don’t sign up to get say, four, of them, you sign up for each box. I also hear that they sell out incredibly fast. They are so expensive because they have a lot of stuff in them, and the stuff is (supposed to be) amazing. I haven’t ordered one yet, though I want to try one next time they become available (which is September). The only subscription box I’ve gotten is Wicks + Words. I got the Harry Potter Mini Story box. In my box I got three HP themed candles and 1 Harry Potter item. I ordered the box three times, and I liked some of the non-candle items better than others. I got a Platform 9 3/4 magnetic bookmark, a notebook, a mini Hermione wand and stand, and my personal favorite, a time turner necklace. All of the stuff seemed to be pretty good quality. Do you guys get or want any Harry Potter subscription boxes? What boxes?
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Re: Harry Potter Subscription Boxes

Post by Amy Darvill »

I won't lie and say I'm not tempted to get one. There's been a spat of videos on a social media feed for those mystery wands and I was so bummed to find out that there doesn't seem to be a shop near me selling them. Not to mention, I definitely love collecting stuff. I have a shelf devoted to rocks I find for goodness sake! Just because they're neat, not because I even remotely know how to tell what they are geology speaking wise! But I always worry that these subscription boxes aren't always worth what you pay for them. I know they often have exclusive stuff, so it would be neat. But I also can be some what picky about what I get, so....I think I veer towards searching for what I want to collect and focusing on that.

Though to be fair, I have limited space, so I think that plays a bigger factor in it.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”