Cold Toes - or not?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Cold Toes - or not?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

There is another topic in here, asking how to heat a castle. Depending on the methods used, magic or otherwise, the question of cold toes arises.

What kind of footwear does one wear on one's feet -- and they probably wouldn't show under those black robes -- so what does one wear? If the castle is sufficiently heated, and there is no question of cold toes, that opens the door wide to all kinds of possibiilties.

However, I'm going here, with this post, that the floors of the castle are not heated. So what kind of shoes (or boots) does one wear? (When you post, it's fine to say that the floors of the castle are heated, if that is your choice.)

Myself, I would go with Uggs. Yes, I am aware that they are not the most beautiful footwear in the world, but they are lined with fleece, have a nice 'soft' sole to them which is also a little bit thick (for further insulation) and are snug and warm! I like warm.

Image shows a pair of Ugg Boots standing on a wooden floor. They are ankle boots; the height of them extends to up the leg a few inches past where the ankle is The leather of the boots is a fawn colour. Sheep fleece is clearly shown to be inside the leather of the boot. They look warm and stout.

Note: If you post a picture in here, of what kind of footwear you would choose, please keep the image to 600x600 pixels or smaller. Also, say underneath the picture what it shows, so those who cannot see the image clearly are aware of what it is. Thank you. :)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”