What Quidditch Position Would You Play?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

What Quidditch Position Would You Play?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

As a student at Hogwarts or even if you became a professional quidditch player, what team position would you play?

Personally, I would love to play as seeker. I have been told that I'm pretty good at finding things, so I believe being Seeker would be the best position to play. Plus it t would be a lot of fun and as a bonus possibly involve less contact (unless you're Harry Potter of course and accidentally swallowed the Golden Snitch, got chased by a tampered bludger, or attacked by Dementors).

What position would everyone else like to play?
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: What Quidditch Position Would You Play?

Post by February Fortescue »

I enjoy the muggle games of tennis and racketball, so I think I would enjoy the position of Beater the most. I like the idea of wacking a ball hard while aiming at a target.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Anne-Marie Gagne

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

Probably either chaser or keeper. I feel like I'd be a better keeper but playing both of those positions seem like a lot of fun (despite the dangers of having bludgers hit towards you near constantly haha)
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

I would wind up playing as a Chaser, I bet.

While I always claim to be a Beater in persona, in real life practice as myself there’s no way I would play this position (for too many reasons). Mostly I just don’t think I’d be great at it. I’m typically a big fan of playing defensive positions, but I’m not really a “hit ball with object” kinda guy.

If I had to guess, I’d actually put Beater at the bottom of the list of positions I’d excel in, and almost think I might make a really great Seeker, come to think of it.

Chasing with two other teammates would likely draw in those parts of me that love choreographed (but fluctuating/flexible) movements with others, while Seeking really plays into the part of me that likes to be responsible for myself and focus on a specific task in my own unique way.

Keeping would likely stress me out too much to play on the regular, but I’d probably wind up being good at it if I could settle into the continual pressure throughout a match.

So for me it’d be Chaser/Seeker, Keeper, Beater.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I would probably WANT to be a Seeker - it fits my instinctive nature well enough. But out of character, considering my performance in scanning tasks, I think that in actual Quidditch matches I'd be 50/50 between "super impressive catches" and "flailing around embarrassingly lost including missing an obvious Snitch". That might include one crowd-pleasing 3.2 second catch breaking the old 3.5 second record, followed immediately by a match where I fail to spot the Snitch five times when it's within my easy grasp.

If my unreliable performances meant I couldn't Seek? My build is too slight to Beat and my arms are too short to Keep so that would leave Chaser for me! I'd probably end up faking out the Keeper in that position, hopefully scoring enough goals to make Snitch immaterial!
Lucia Mayhew
No broom

Post by Lucia Mayhew »

I feel like I would love to be a seeker but I am genuinely not fast enough lol. I would definitely be a beater or a chaser because they both sound like fun!
Chasen Carter
No broom

Post by Chasen Carter »

I'd say that i would choose to be a Chaser. That looks like the most fun and the best position to play for me. Chase is even a part of my name. So yep, Chaser is the position for me. But if something happened and i couldn't be Chaser, my next choice would be Beater. I do like hitting balls with bats.
Byn Watson
No broom

Post by Byn Watson »

I always had this feeling I would play a Beater. Something about zooming around and avoiding a crazed ball while also trying to hit it at other players just sounds like a very fun time. There's something about how barbaric the position is that really speaks to me.
Fauna Taquini
No broom

Post by Fauna Taquini »

I want to be a chaser because it seems easiest for me.

Seeker will be fine but I don't want to much pressure.
Beater is a little dangerous.
Keeper is hard.

Chaser is perfect.
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I think I would be most suited to playing the keeper.

I don't think I would be good at chasing after a walnut sized snitch, or even finding it hiding around the pitch unless it was directly in my field of view. I wouldn't be suited to the chaser position since it requires you to be able to catch and accurately throw a quaffle, which I know from muggle sports I would not be very good at.

I would likely be able to hit the bludger in the beater position part of the time. But I wouldn't likely be able to hit it with any accuracy.

The keeper position does require you to throw the quaffle back to your team mates after you have caught it, so hopefully I wouldn't be too bad at that. But where I do well in muggle sports is blocking, which is the keepers job.
Prof. Sirius Fudge
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Sirius Fudge »

Hmm, I think I will be chaser. There is less pressure since you have two other chaser teammates. I also love working with teammates so having to have team strategies with the other two chasers to score a goal is thrilling for me. I think I would not mind the bludgers hurling around because I am assuming the team beaters would protect me from them. I think I will just focus on the quaffle, my chaser teammates, and the keeper on the other side of the field. Though from time to time, scanning where the bludgers are is a good practice.

Post Graduate | Huffle Staff | HQT | HOL Class of 2018
Kenz Eternal
No broom

Post by Kenz Eternal »

The more I think about it, the more I realize I’d be versatile. I’d like to play Seeker, though I don’t think my eyesight would be good enough (then again, Harry’s was pretty bad, so who knows). I think I’d be good at Beater as I have some aggression, and my aim would be decent between Beater & Chaser. Who knows. Maybe I could just be a sub that can play anywhere.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

​I have never imagined I would play Quidditch, but if I have to. I would choose to play as a Seeker, just because I'm not good for any other positions and catching a Snitch might be the only option I'm good at!
Cilia Bones
No broom

Post by Cilia Bones »

I would play chaser. I think it would be really fun and I love team work.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

If I could get past my fear of heights, I would probably be better suited as a chaser. I played a lot of sports in school, so being in the front scoring goals would be better than trying to find a small snitch, stopping others from making a goal like a keeper or worse in my opinion, having to bat an angry bludger.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Lana Malone
No broom

Post by Lana Malone »

I would absolutely love to play the chaser. I think it's such an underrated position that is kind of underlooked in the books. Everyone just want to be a seeker because of Harry. I would love to be the chaser because the satisfaction of scoring goals to help beat the other team would be enormous. I always imagined myself to play this position.
Darcy Blackwolf
No broom

Post by Darcy Blackwolf »

While every position seem fun, I would love to be a seeker but my eyesight isn't that good to see the Snitch for far away. I'd probably be a chaser or a beater.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”