Favorite Chapters

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Favorite Chapters

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

We talk about favorites scenes or books as a whole a lot, but we so rarely look at our favorite chapters.

Despite it being in my least favorite book, I absolutely love The Other Minister and how it connects the politics of, or just in general, the magical and muggle worlds. There is something foreboding and realistic about it. We are seeing things from a Muggle perspective while also knowing the non-Muggle context and it makes us think about how easy it would be for this new war to spill into the Muggle world. Fudge is being a tad condescending, in my opinion, but hey, that is Fudge for you.

What are your favorite chapters from the books? Why that particular chapter and what sets it apart from others?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Re: Favorite Chapters

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

I enjoy reading the chapters that explain the main mystery of the book. It's fun to see how close you are to guessing what really happened, even if you have been thrown completely off.

For my favorite book, the "reveal" occurs in The Servant of Lord Voldemort. This is the chapter where we learn the truth about Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. We also see how clever Crookshanks is! Similarly, Veritaserum explained a lot about the Crouch family.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”