The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow: Chapters 20-27

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow: Chapters 20-27

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

We'll be discussing chapters 20 through 27 of The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow in this thread, as well as the book as a whole.

After going to great lengths to prove Sophie's innocence, she and her friends stumble across the truth of who was really behind it all. Did the answer surprise you or did you have any suspicions along the way?

Don't forget to use spoiler tags!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow: Chapters 20-27

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I'm jumping ahead to this post, because I'm just so wow about the story. Thank you, Amy, for finding this book!

It's a quick read, at least it is a quick read for me, because once I got past the establishing chapters, the story was so swift and didn't drag anywhere. Amy had written, in the post for the first bunch of chapters (here)
They're not Chosen Ones, but they try carry out what is expected of them as best they can until they get thrusted into the heart of the story. Do you prefer reading about unlikely heroes or those who find themselves in extraordinary circumstances but with the means with which to achieve?
When surrounded by stories and movies with 'The Chosen One' scenarios, what a pleasure (and relief) to read a story with 'just' people in it. People who make their choices, and then maybe even remake them and choose other than they first had chosen. In other words, 'real' people, with limps and scars and all (this goes for the villains as well as the heroes). Of the 'good guys' of the book - they're not trying to save the world; they're just living their lives and dealing with (perhaps) extraordinary circumstances. Of the villains ... they are well-written and definitely not anyone to be BFF with ... but then, you might end up dead being BFF with them, by them, so yeah.

I don't know I have a preference for this kind of story, but it certainly is a lovely different kind of story! There is no moralizing, no ... nothing. Just a story. And it's a really really good story, too! Wonderful. :D

As for the story itself! Great conclusion -- with the obvious ability to continue on with these people. I'm glad, because I do like them.

Who is the Baron?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Teasers”