Dealing with Dragons - Chapters 13 to 15

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Dealing with Dragons - Chapters 13 to 15

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Happily Ever After?
Here we’ll be discussing chapters 13 to 15 of Dealing with Dragons, as well as the book as a whole.

What do you think to Cimorene’s interpretation of happily ever after? Do you think that her ability to interpret so called rules and disregard, change or use them to her advantage has been her strength all along? Do you think all the characters got what they needed or had you hoped for something else for them?

Make sure everyone lives happily ever after by remembering those spoiler tags.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Dealing with Dragons - Chapters 13 to 15

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Yes, just as Cimorene has a different idea of who and what she is, from what her parents and everyone else seems to want her to be, at the start of the story -- it fits that her idea of 'happily ever after' actually points to "hoping to enjoy herself".

While the story didn't go the way I thought it might, I enjoyed the turns and twists as they came up.

There was one part at which I laughed ....
"He's shrinking!" Cimorene exclaimed.
And then Woraug reaps the outcome of his choices. Gee, he's an extremely warty toad with angry red eyes! Kazul is sad though -- and I was ... oh, well, gee, maybe you deserve to be King.

Before that, though, was something which reminded me greatly of The Wizard of Oz.** "Not soapsuds! It's demeaning." ... and Zemenar melts away, albeit with the last word(s) "You can't melt a wizard forever you know! You'll be sor..." -

**Yes, that reminded me of "ARRRRRGH! — YOU CURSED BRAT! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! I'm MELTING! Melting! ..."

I like this story! The book I read has a little blurp in it, of the story continuing. Oh ... whatever will happen next? :o
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Re: Dealing with Dragons - Chapters 13 to 15

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

The entire choosing a new King of Dragons process is really interesting. I'm really glad that the stone prince finally fulfilled his quest. It was really smart of him to throw the bucket of soapy water with lemon at Zemenar and Morwen and guessing that Morwen would be okay.

Of course Cimorene is skeptical about "happily ever after." She hasn't met her forever person yet! Some of my favorite characters in this series aren't even introduced in this book. I think it is pretty neat that each book in the Enchanted Forest Chronicles is told through a different character's point of view. (Meaning you get to know the cats better since Morwen understands them in Calling on Dragons!)

Return to “Book Teasers”