Alanna: The First Adventure-June Book Discussion

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Alanna: The First Adventure-June Book Discussion

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

In June we’ll be reading ‘Alanna: The First Adventure’ by Tamora Pierce. It’s a thrilling ride of swords, sorcery, secrets and self-discovery.

As usual, we’ve worked out a suggested reading schedule but please feel free to read and discuss at your own pace.
1-7 June: Chapters 1 and 2
8-14 June: Chapters 3 and 4
15-21 June: Chapters 5 and 6
22-30 June: Chapter 7

Young Alanna of Trebond’s first adventure kicks off an entire universe full of spunky heroines who are determined not to allow traditional roles or society’s opinions to get in the way of what they want to be. But if there’s one thing that Tamora Pierce teaches us it’s that the road to your dream is never smooth, even with the help of magic and fabulous weaponry. Getting others to accept you is hard but sometimes the real fight is accepting yourself.

If Alanna’s journey inspires you to create, please do share your poetry, stories, fanfiction or fan art with us on Quill and Ink and Ink Splatters

Remember, if you have any suggestions for future book discussions, drop us a line at hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Book Teasers”