Fantastic Beasts 3 - release date announced

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Fantastic Beasts 3 - release date announced

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Save the date: November 12, 2021

Pottermore has just announced the release date for our next Newt Scamander movie!
Monday 29th Apr 2019
Today, Warner Bros. have confirmed that the release date for the third Fantastic Beasts instalment will be November 12, 2021, with filming expected to begin next spring.

Mark it in your calendars now: November 12, 2021 will bring us the next Fantastic Beasts adventure.
Read more here, in Pottermore.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Apolla Witwill
No broom

Re: Fantastic Beasts 3 - release date announced

Post by Apolla Witwill »

Will this be pushed back because of COVID-19? That has been happening to a lot of productions (Examples: Stranger Things 4 and A Quiet Place Part 2)
A P O L L A W I T W I L L
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Some good news!

It was reported that Fantastic Beasts 3 filming restarted this month (September, as said by Eddie Redmayne) and it is going quite well. For now, the current release date still holds and the staff is tentatively hopeful that it will remain so as it was already pushed back a year (from November 2020 to November 2021).
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Unfortunately, some bad news for us Harry Potter fans.

Due to the current world situation and a prominent cast replacement, the due date has been pushed to summer 2022, with some sources saying the more detailed date is July 15th 2022.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Happy news! We have a title and a definite release date.

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore will release on April 15th 2022!

What do you guys think about the title?
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

I’m SO intrigued to see this!! Dumbledore’s arc over the course of the series, looking back on characters like him and Snape is so fascinating how perspectives can change over time and with new information. Will look forward to seeing what kinds of revelations about Albus arise in this movie, and how it might dontinue to color/recolor the way we see his role in the Potterverse.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Dysania Laine
No broom

Post by Dysania Laine »

How did I not know about this?!? I'm so excited now! That's right around my anniversary :D
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Post by Skylar Peyton »

I am so excited for the new movie! I was really hoping for it to be released this year, but I guess next year will have to do. I can't wait!

And for the title, I really like it "Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore". It sounds like it's going to be a bit more about Dumbledore and we might see more of the story between Dumbledore and Grindelwald. I can't wait to see it and I hope there will be more after it!
Willow Carter
No broom

Post by Willow Carter »

I'm so excited for the movie. I'm kinda upset that Johnny Depp won't be in it, but I'm obviously still going to watch it. I really like the title, 'Secrets of Dumbledore', because it indicates the movie is going to be more about Dumbledore. Also, it reminds me of Rita Skeeter's book, 'The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore', which is where we learned most about his past with Grindelwald.

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”