Fantastic Beasts movie #2 coming out next year- The Crimes of Grindelwald

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Fantastic Beasts movie #2 coming out next year- The Crimes of Grindelwald

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Pottermore has a brand new posting about the second of the Fantastic Beasts movies.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is due to be released one year from this date.

So long to wait! :ph34r:

Queenie and Jacob return, along with many from the first movie, and a few new people will show up too! *cheer*

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: Fantastic Beasts movie #2 - The Crimes of Grindelwald

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

yes! I was so excited to see Jacob's return, and am intrigued by Creedence's return.....

I'm pretty excited for this; though in my head i guess I always thought Dumbledore and Grindelwald were about the same age, but in the picture, partially due to the actor's faces, partially due to Grindelwald's white hair, he seems a lot older
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

I already knew that Grindelwald had pale blond hair -- and it doesn't seem much of a step to bleach it white.

Picture of Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald
As a young man, Grindelwald had golden blond hair and a "merry, wild" face.
Picture of Grindelwald as he is stealing the Elder Wand from Mykew Gregorovitch.

I've seen too many folks around here with obviously dyed pale blond and/or pure white hair, who are apparently in their teens, to give much attention to hair colour as an indicator of age anymore! (I also saw one person with purple and blue hair, with a couple of streaks of green, which was awesome and great.) As for faces, well, one reaps what one sows? Grindelwald has not been a very nice person at all ...

Another picture of Albus Dumbledore of that time period.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I was at work when someone brought this to my attention. Thankfully we were in the break room, and I screamed out of pure excitement as I read the article. One of my managers came into check on us to make sure we were okay. haha It was awesome. So I got to go on this crazy dialogue about how amazing this movie is going to be and how excited I am for it, and the actors look perfect and Queenie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to love seeing them together again. And also...omg! WILL WE GET TO SEE THE DUEL BETWEEN GRINDELWALD AND DUMBLEDORE IN THIS?????

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

I received an email from Pottermore and I immediately looked at it. Jude Law as Dumbledore looks amazing! I think the cast will really put itself together soon. I also love Leta Lestrange.

When I was looking at Jude Law as Dumbledore, he reminded me of someone. I never heard the name Jude Law in my life before, and yet he looks familiar. Are there other actors or famous movies Jude Law played in?

Also, do you think Johnny Depp makes for a good Grindelwald?

Just one year...
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

My strongest memory of Jude Law is as Watson in the Sherlock Holmes movies. He's been in many movies, though, and also acted on stage. He does look amazing as Dumbledore, doesn't he! The look of him is similar enough to Michael Gambon, and I think there is some makeup devices to aid that along. The feel of him, though, is very like Richard Harris -- who is Dumbledore for me. (Michael Gambon isn't and never was Dumbledore for me.) I hope that the feel as portrayed and felt in the images I've seen continues through the movies. *crosses fingers*

Johnny Depp as Grindelwald? There are some who say a resounding 'no'. I'm not one of them. I think he has the acting chops to pull it off. He's very much the chameleon.

I really do look forward to the movie!
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

That's probably wher I've seen Jude Law before, thank you Tarma. As for Johnny Jepp as Grindlewald I think that we've seen him only for a few minutes, and can't make a coherent conclusion about his being Grindlewald yet. However, I think he'll do well as Grindlewald in the next film.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

Oh my god!! I'm so excited..
i love the cast so far and can't wait to see how Johny Deep will portrayed Grindelwald,
I am the one who vote he will doing well..

Can't wait the to see how the stories unfold.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

November 2018 ...

Some of the cast:
JUDE LAW plays a young ALBUS DUMBLEDORE, taking on the mantle of one of J.K. Rowling's most beloved characters; EZRA MILLER makes a return as the enigmatic CREDENCE, whose fate was unknown at the end of the first film; CLAUDIA KIM appears as a Maledictus, the carrier of a blood curse that destines her ultimately to transform into a beast; ZOË KRAVITZ plays LETA LESTRANGE, who had once been close to Newt Scamander but is now engaged to his brother; CALLUM TURNER joins the cast as Newt's older brother, THESEUS SCAMANDER, a celebrated war hero and the Head of the Auror Office at the British Ministry of Magic; KATHERINE WATERSTON returns as TINA GOLDSTEIN, who has been reinstated as an Auror for MACUSA; EDDIE REDMAYNE stars again as wizarding world Magizoologist NEWT SCAMANDER, who has now gained fame in the wizarding world as the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them; DAN FOGLER reprises the role of the only No-Maj in the group, JACOB KOWALSKI; ALISON SUDOL reprises the part of Tina's free-spirited sister, QUEENIE GOLDSTEIN, a Legilimens who can read minds; and JOHNNY DEPP returns as the powerful Dark wizard GELLERT GRINDELWALD in Warner Bros. Pictures' "FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD."
Pottermore information on the cast: click -- be aware, spoilers!

While wandering through different drool sites for the next movie, I saw this:
Image is of a sign set inside a window of what might be a shop and it is posed so that people walking by can see the sign. The sign is made up to look like the cover of a book. The background colour is dark blue, and the border and the script is gold. It says: "Florish & Blotts and Obscurus Books cordially invite you to the book launch of Newt Scamander's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Follow the writer in his worldwide quest for extraordinary [creatures] Saturday 19th of March - 7 o'clock Flourish & Blotts North Side - Diagon Alley - London

Would *I* go to that book launch? Oh, yes!

Want more information? Here is Pottermore's Everything We Know About Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald so far
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Pottermore announced the first official trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald!

First Trailer
So there we are – our first trailer for the second film in the Fantastic Beasts series: Newt Scamander heads to Paris, Grindelwald is on the rise and we get to go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:Pottermore announced the first official trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald!

First Trailer
So there we are – our first trailer for the second film in the Fantastic Beasts series: Newt Scamander heads to Paris, Grindelwald is on the rise and we get to go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
I just watched it, and I was not super impressed. I want more. It's interesting to see just how little they're showing of Johnny Depp in any of the promos for the movie though
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

Arianna Stonewater wrote:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:Pottermore announced the first official trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald!

First Trailer
I just watched it, and I was not super impressed. I want more. It's interesting to see just how little they're showing of Johnny Depp in any of the promos for the movie though
They’re probably afraid of the backlash. There was so much anger over the anonouncment that Johnny Depp was playing Grindelwald, so they’re probably trying not to raise much attention about it.

I love the small things I’ve seen so far. Dumbledore looks amazing and Newt too. I love the scene where they’re flying on a green/blue creature. It looks so magical.
Shadow Gaunt
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

What impressed me most of that promo is that ... okay a few things impressed me!

I love that Jacob is back and, in that one scene, he is 'heroic'.

What was that water creature (was it a creature or a plant?) that it appeared that Newt (was that Newt?) was riding (was it underwater?) I have to go watch it again! B)

Queenie! :wub:

I think that it is a fine thing that Jude Law is portraying Dumbledore. I wondered, at first, if he could do it -- but the tiny tidbits of information shown so far point to something which works very nicely. I absolutely love the little byplay of Albus Dumbledore and Newt Scamander -- that someone has to deal with Grindelwald and Dumbledore, himself, cannot do it and ... somehow ... Dumbledore conveys the feeling that, if anyone can, it's Newt.

Edit:
So I watched it a few more times. :lol:
"If you'd ever had the pleasure to teach him, you'd know Newt is not a great follower of orders."
"I can't move against anyone. It has to be you."
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote: I think that it is a fine thing that Jude Law is portraying Dumbledore. I wondered, at first, if he could do it -- but the tiny tidbits of information shown so far point to something which works very nicely.
That is one of the points where I don't agree with a lot of the critics. I think Jude Law is a very fine actor, and he has great facial expressions (especially in his eyes/eyebrows) which I think is exactly what Dumbledore needs. The trailer even proves that he has a way about speaking, kindly, even jokingly, but still clearly strong. I'm pretty excited for it!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Some more information is posted on Pottermore - this time 10 revelations about the movie.
The cast and production team from The Crimes of Grindelwald have divulged a few secrets from the upcoming film. Here’s a few things we thought you’d like to know – so beware of spoilers.
Baby nifflers!

Newt's brother (Theseus) is ALSO a Hufflepuff!

Fewer than three months to go before it comes out. \o/
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Just seen this information. Again. Waiting patiently .....

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will have its world premiere at the UGC Ciné Cité Bercy in Paris on 8 November 2018 and is scheduled to be released worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures on 16 November 2018.

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”