Creature Magic: What's Your Favorite Magical Beast?

Moderator: Prefects

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Creature Magic: What's Your Favorite Magical Beast?

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

With this incredible movie now out and another one releasing soon, I'm curious to know, what is your favorite magical beast?

I have a few that I find it hard to choose between. The first one that I really like is the snidget, and this is self-explanatory for those who know my love of quidditch and seeking and also have a knowledge of the history of the game. The snidget is the predecessor to the golden snitch. Snidgets are adorable little birds, and I hope that they don't go extinct. They're considered a highly endangered species still.

I also really like puffskeins. Again, I find them to be simply adorable, however, their counterparts, pygmy puffs, would make a good pet. I still want one.

And last, I really like unicorns. Unicorns are a symbol of pureness and I love that. I try to live my life in this manner so I can radiate love and kindness to everyone I meet. I think a unicorn symbolizes that for me.

I do have to add two more. After seeing the movie, I fell in love with the niffler and Dougal the Demiguise.

What about the rest of you? Any favorite magical beasts you wish to share with us and why?
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Tags:
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Re: Creature Magic: What's Your Favorite Magical Beast?

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

My favorite creatures in Fantastic Beast is Thunderbird, i like the huge and elegant vibe from it.
But on my top one, i like Thestral.. this creature is a definite words for don't judge a book by its cover.
Thestral looks evil, but it's not. :wub:
I like the background story of how people scared of them, because only they who have seen death able to see it.
Gladymar Rivera-Virella
No broom

Post by Gladymar Rivera-Virella »

My favorite magical creature, besides the beautiful unicorns, is the Hippogriff. These amazing creatures are very strong, elegant and loyal. Another loyal and beautiful magical creature that I love is the snowy owl.

Gladymar Rivera-Virella
Sadie Bean
No broom

Post by Sadie Bean »

I'm a huge fan of the Nifflers, as they are just too cute and adorable. I also love how cheeky they are. Seeing them in the trailer for the new film made me smile as I loved the Niffler in the first film and when I saw a baby Niffler, I just died inside.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Wow, I do not believe that I never posted here. I am a sucker of magical creatures and they have consistently been a favorite part of the two movies that we got on Newt Scamander's story.

My favorite though, it is very hard to pick, I just love them all. Perhaps the Graphorn, only due to the fact that its portrayal in movies is so different from what I imagined. It was a very pleasant surprise.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

There are so many magical creatures, it's difficult to choose just one! I love Nifflers of course, who doesn't? ^_^ However, I must say that the Demiguise is on the top of my favorite list. They're super cute and the ability to turn invisible is amazing. They're also really fast which comes in handy especially when combined with invisibility! Another creature I love is the Occamy because they're super colorful and overly majestic looking! Who doesn't like a colorful flying bird snake?

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

My favorite creature for a long time has been the owl, but recently I've become enamored with combo creatures: creatures which are made up of more than one animal. My absolute favorite is the Occamy. I love the turquoise and purple, and the soft silvery eggs, and a snake with wings and chicken head - what's not to love? Chimearas and Manticores are awesome as well.

When I was looking up the heraldry of my name, I was expecting something like maybe a wolf, or even a seashell, but it turned out to be a Unicorn! I wasn't expecting that. Unicorns in Heraldry are another combo creature. They have the body of a horse, a goat's hooves and beard, a lion's tail, and a horn on its forehead.

So, currently my two favorite magical creatures are Occamys and Unicorns.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Apolla Witwill
No broom

Post by Apolla Witwill »

Definitely the Niffler.
Intelligence + adorableness= Niffler

Though I definitely would not want to have one because it always seems to get Newt in trouble...
A P O L L A W I T W I L L
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

It’s actually really difficult to choose a favorite but if you had me pick out of all of the canonical Harry Potter creatures, it would have to be an Erkling. There’s a good chance you’ve never heard of it before as I just stumbled upon it a few days ago when I was browsing through the Harry Potter Wikia page but it’s basically a Ministry of Magic XXXX rated creature that’s three feet tall and feeds on children and is apparently related to house elves. I don’t know why I like it so much but I think it has to do with the juxtaposition of this tiny little thing that’s related to the kind, caring house elves we all love actually being quite a horrifying creature.

If I had to pick a magical animal out of Fantastic Beasts, though, I’d probably pick the Bowtruckle. They’re such adorable little things and I find it admirable how ferociously Bowtruckles protect their trees.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Gladymar Rivera-Virella
No broom

Post by Gladymar Rivera-Virella »

My favorite magical creature is the Hippogriff. These creatures are very loyal if trust is built between the creature and a wizard or witch. I think they are extraordinary and beautiful. They can also be very kind. I wish a can see one in the near future.
Sybil Sinclair
No broom

Post by Sybil Sinclair »

I like the Niffler personallly.
Lyra Hunter
No broom

Post by Lyra Hunter »

I definitely think Thunderbirds are gorgeous creatures! I think one creature that I wish we got to see more of was the Nundu!
Emily Malfoy
No broom

Post by Emily Malfoy »

My favorite magical beast is a hippogriff.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I have so many favourite magical creatures but I will have to go with Bowtruckles.

They're like a combination of my two favourite things - plants AND animals! They're super cute, and completely peaceful unless provoked which I like to say I can relate to ~
(Honourable mention to Phoenix's tho, theyre amazing creatures!!)
Wesley Heart-Tonks
No broom

Post by Wesley Heart-Tonks »

I don't have any favourites, I like them all except for Blast Ended Skrewts or Basilisks. I guess I choose Niffler, they're useful and cute ^_^
Olive Granger
No broom

Post by Olive Granger »

My favourite creature is surely a hippogriff as the portrayal of them is just beautiful and I would love to ride one.
Another creature which I like very much is the Thestral. I know it's weird but I just feel they are so special and magical that it's beautiful
Cassanndra Mill
No broom

Post by Cassanndra Mill »

my favorite magical beast is the hippogriffs because they just seem so perfect and i would love to ride and train one.
Ladonna Compson
No broom

Post by Ladonna Compson »

My favorite magical beasts definitely have to be the nifflers. I totally wish I could have a niffler. And I think that a niffler would make a really good stuffed animal. They totally need to make stuffed animals of nifflers. And I will totally need to get one.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I still love Occamys and Unicorns, but in rewatching the first movie I discovered just how adorable Nifflers are! From reading this thread, it looks like others agree with me. I like collecting animal figurines and now want to add these adorable creatures to my shelf. It's one I wish were real.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Artemis Greenhouse
No broom

Post by Artemis Greenhouse »

I think it would be either a Bowtruckle, they look so adorable, or a Demiguise! I think it's so cool how they can make themselves invisible AND tell the future at the same time?!

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”