Cursed Child on Broadway

The official area for all Cursed Child discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Cursed Child on Broadway

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Read about new tickets for Cursed Child being released! Click here to read and also see the photographs of some of the action!
Wednesday 20th Feb 2019
Cursed Child in New York has just released a whopping new 20,000 tickets! Here’s how to snap them up.

Cursed Child on Broadway is about to enter into its second year, after sweeping up (with Firebolt brooms, maybe) a slew of awards including 6 Tonys.

[ ... ]

To celebrate the new release, Cursed Child also revealed some exclusive new stills from the Broadway production, including - rather excitingly - the first ever reveal of Albus Dumbledore, who is portrayed in this production by Edward James Hyland.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Cursed Child on Broadway

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Pottermore has sent out an update on the Cursed Child on Broadway
It’s been one year since Harry Potter and the Cursed Child opened on Broadway and to mark the occasion they are releasing 250,000 tickets – the show’s biggest ticket release yet.
If you have any intention of going to see it, or are curious to find out more, click here.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Angel Willows
No broom

Post by Angel Willows »

I really want to see Cursed Child. I own the book and I've read it at least two times. It's such an amazing story, and I heard that the affects on the stage are incredible! Almost like magic! Oh wait, it is magic. :P
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I have to admit, I am now a little curious about the play. I still strongly dislike Cursed Child and will never accept it as canon, but it would be fun to see it if I think about it as an AU Harry Potter story or a fanfiction being played out. I hope that I will have an opportunity to see it sometime in the future, either live or as a recording.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Allison Moore
No broom

Post by Allison Moore »

I sadly have never read Cursed Child nor have I seen it on Broadway. :(
-Allison Moore
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Post by Katelin Ross »

April 2020, the first time we were to see The Cursed Child live. Little did we know then that this would be postponed four times. Two years later (almost to the date of our original tickets), my family and I were finally able to see The Cursed Child Life. The opportunity was surreal. I had waited almost three years from waiting in line in the virtual cue and purchasing the tickets to finally sitting down in the theater to watch the play live. I would recommend this play to anyone who was even thinking about seeing this live. I've seen a few plays in my life, but nothing can compare to this. The acting, singing, and backstage work that made this all come together was astronomical. The three years of waiting was well worth the wait!

Thank you to my Secret Santa 2018 for the wonderful signature and avatar!!
Beezus Maloy
No broom

Post by Beezus Maloy »

:) I wish to see the cursed child but have yet too see it. I have the book though. Me and my siblings love to use it as a script to reenact it

Return to “Cursed Child”