Battleship

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Name: Battleship
Link: http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=509
Type: HOL-wide Activity
Date: January 2018
Organizers: Arianna Stonewater, Astrid Black, Gail Allen, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Which tasks did you like/dislike?
How well did you get along with your crew?
Any Battleship tactics that you are willing to share?
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Battleship

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

Battleship was amazing and super fun to participate in. I think I really grew closer with my teammates over the course of it.

What tasks did you like/dislike? I loved the creative tasks, drawing or creating. Some puzzles were also not so hard. And yet, in each round there was at least one task that made me want to bang my head against the wall.

How well did you get along with your crew? Amazing. Great. Wonderfully. Those are the words that I personally would use to describe that. Yes, there were a few miscommunications but it was mostly to all 4 of us not being able to take up a lot of time away from RL.

Any Battleship tactics you are willing to share? This only works for playing Battleship one on one. Create a checkerboard pattern across your board. Then, fire at all the checkers. That way most of the ships will sink. Now all you have to find are the one square ships (in some games) but since no ships can be next to each other, you have a lot less squares to go through.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Which tasks did you like/dislike? * I like almost all of them.

How well did you get along with your crew? * The most wonderful lot of scalawags ever to sail the seas - YAR!

Any Battleship tactics that you are willing to share? * Have a person who knows where to place the ships! Don't look dangerous! Don't have such an obviously good time that others are jealous ..... :lol:

Basically, HMS Musketeer (Amy, Sky, Gus and me) evidently appeared to be so dangerous (and awesome) to everyone that we sort of got lambasted at the first and if it wasn't due to Amy's strategic placement of our ships from the get-go, we'd have been down in Davey Jones' Locker before you could say "Quidditch". We know why the rum is gone (and where it is)!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

I really enjoyed working with different people. My Flying Dutchman crew was great and willing to help each other out.

My favorite part of Battleship was when the third task went up. Cody and I wanted to get top performance for our respective positions, so we were stalking the forum. As soon as it was posted, Cody dove right into his task. I had to scroll down to mine. I read it once, drew a picture, read it a few more times to make sure I wasn't missing any instructions, asked "Is this all I have to do?" and just sent it in. After Cody finished his task a few minutes later, he asked me what I had to do. "Uhh... I drew like... 6 lines."

Return to “The Scrapbook Archive”