Emerald Cup

Moderator: Arianna Stonewater

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Emerald Cup

Post by Leonie Hauri »

Name: Emerald Cup
Type: Slytherin Activity (open to all Houses)
Date: May - June 2016
Organizers: Prof. Scarlet Leslie Lewis, Prof. Cody Lewis, February Fortescue, Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Amy Lupin, and Will Lestrange

What was your favorite task?
How did you do with those tough word unscrambles?
Did you participate in the logic puzzle races? If so, how did you do?

Additionally, the activity is over now, so if anyone would like to post their word unscramble answers for those of us who could not solve them, you are welcome to do so!
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Re: Emerald Cup

Post by Kim Alting »

First of all: loved the activity!

What was your favorite task? My favorite tasks were the puzzles. I just love puzzles! And what I liked about the activity, was the fact that I couldn't stand that the other team had more scaless, so I had to do (almost) every task available. :lol:
How did you do with those tough word unscrambles? I managed to score 27 scales, I tried multiple times to find more, but didn't succeed. Darn those were hard!
Did you participate in the logic puzzle races? If so, how did you do? I didn't participate in the races themselves, but did do the logic puzzles afterwards.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

What was your favorite task? I enjoyed the Discussion topics the most.
How did you do with those tough word unscrambles? I had access to the email account with the answers, so I didn't participate. They looked really challenging.
Did you participate in the logic puzzle races? If so, how did you do? It takes me about 3 hours to solve one without a race going on. I skipped that activity.

Overall, I absolutely loved this activity, and I really enjoy it when people from all the Houses come together and have fun!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Selene Blackwell
No broom

Post by Selene Blackwell »

Leonie Hauri wrote:Name: Emerald Cup

What was your favorite task?
Actually my favorite task was looking thru the library and commenting on a bunch of people's work! I really enjoyed that! I've been to the Library multiple more times because of it.

How did you do with those tough word unscrambles?
I just joined so I actually haven't participated in these yet but I'm looking forward to them!

Did you participate in the logic puzzle races? If so, how did you do?
I have not yet had the honor to participate in a puzzle race yet but I am looking forward to doing so!
Thank you so much for all the work you do!!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

What was your favorite task? * I think my favorite task was the logic puzzles.
How did you do with those tough word unscrambles? * I got 15 of them? Something like that. Spent WAY too long getting those few! :lol:
Did you participate in the logic puzzle races? If so, how did you do? * Yes. They were fun. Sometimes I was there for the online (IRC) event, but I'd do them later if I couldn't be online for them. I never came in first or high, but was able to earn points for Team Silver!

I learned a lot about the Emerald City and the stories with their origin in The Wizard of Oz. This definitely wasn't my fandom, to start out with, and I don't know if it is now, but I have a lot more knowledge about it and quite a bit of respect for all that was made with, and of, it.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Scrapbook Archive”