March – Guardians of Gringotts

Moderators: Prof. Maxim Trevelyan, Arianna Stonewater

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

March – Guardians of Gringotts

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

As you made your way deep into Gringotts, you are met with a stern faced goblin, who introduces himself as Hakkor. He tells you that WETs, Wizards for Ethical Treatments, managed to have the Ministry of Magic to pass a law regarding the use of dragons for guarding the vaults. Within a month, all dragons need to be released. Hakkor is telling you to help him and his team come up with a new way of guarding the vaults.

Make up a new guardian system for the vaults and either describe it in 100 words or more or depict it in an artistic rendition. It must obey all HOL rules and, should you go for the art, maximum 600x600 in size.

Post your novel guard idea below by March 31st 11:59 pm HOL time to get 35 Hoots and 50 beans.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Re: March – Guardians of Gringotts

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Hakkor and Team,

For years dragons have guarded the vaults and now we must have a new method that provides the same amount of security. The new method must be cost-effective and not requiring a lot of new equipment.

Regular security spells would work fine, but not in all cases. To maintain the same level of security, guards will be posted throughout the interior of Gringotts so there's always someone nearby in case a break-in occurs.

Additionally, a Security Spell will be placed around every vault that will alert the guards on duty so the closest few can respond. The security spells will be able to be deactivated by a goblin only when opening the vault. Not only will this open up more jobs as all the guard positions will need to be filled, but it's very cost-effective as only the guards will need to be paid and no expensive equipment is required.

Signed,
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

I agree with Ivey on use security spell usually. But, security spell will not deter worse criminal. I think Devil's Snare to be used for guarding Gringotts vaults. If criminal try break in vault, Devil Snare with squeeze them and could kill if goblin don't come soon enough. When goblin come, he know spell to subdue Dragon Snare and criminal can be arrest without goblin injury. Wizard who have vault and need to check vault can know spell to subdue Dragon Snare with no injury to them. To keep Dragon Snare ready lights will on be turn on by goblin when wizard has permission to check vault.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I rather like the idea of Ivey's cost-effective security system. Additionally, I agree wholeheartedly with Lorainia's additional safety measures; especially the use of Devil's Snare. It seems like we've collaborated on a rather nice system already, so I thought I would just add my own touches as well.

If one poisonous plant is good, then two must be better, right? In this case, I'm talking specifically about Venomous Tentaculas. A toothy plant that shoots venom and has deadly spikes sounds like just the thing to deter would-be-criminals. Its bite is so deadly that it can be lethal at worst, or give one heck of a stun (if you are lucky). I know I certainly wouldn't want to be foolish enough to mess with them!

Another nice addition to this little 'garden' would be a few select members of the infamous Acromantula colony. It is highly possible that some of Aragog's descendants are still inhabiting the Forbidden Forest, and perhaps could be put to use at the bank. Now, I suppose one could argue against this as being just as bad as using the dragons, but I honestly don't see it that way. It isn't even like you are taking them out of their natural habitat (plants are plants, right?!) Of course, any bank employees would have to be trained in the handling of these spiders, but that, too, should be rather low-cost and easy to arrange.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

35 Hoots and 50 beans go to

Emily Spencer
Iverian Gnash
Lorainia Riverrider
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Creative Outlet”