October 2023 Prompts

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

October 2023 Prompts

Post by Emily Spencer »

Prompt 1:

AH, at last, we are approaching my favorite season of the year, fall (or autumn if you prefer)! Your prompt, therefore, is going to be tied into a celebration of all things fall! (no joke, right?!)

Take a book from any genre you prefer and give the cover a fall makeover! For instance, Peter Pan, with Neverland all decked out in the colors of the season. You get the drift.

Prompt 2:

October is practically synonymous with Halloween. It is the month in which we celebrate all things that give us shivers and go bump in the night. And while the horror genre itself offers some creepily delightful book covers, let's think a little bit beyond that genre. In fact, for this prompt, you can use any genre EXCEPT horror!

Your task is this: Take a book from any genre (except horror) and give it a spooky makeover.

As always, post your creations below so that you can receive points for them.

Reminder: Please keep your graphic to 600x600 or smaller, and write a brief description underneath what the graphic depicts. Also, please keep images HOL-friendly!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Re: October 2023 Prompts

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

I choose to give the cover of the magical and whimsical book "A Little Princess" a fall makeover. The original cover features a delicate, golden-framed illustration of a young girl with long, wavy hair in a light blue dress.

For my new cover design, I decide to use a bright orange background in the middle with purple tints, which remind me of the vibrant hues of the autumn season. Next I added some light blue patches to keep it connected to the original story. I also feature a close-up image of the young girl with a gentle smile on her face, reminiscent of a warm, comforting memory. To complete the cover, I add a few autumnal leaves and accents of yellow and brown tones.

https://imgur.com/a/Uu18HOX
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I gave the original cover of The Wizard of Oz more Halloweenier spooky twist... emphasizing the witch within the Haunted Forest!
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff - Pooh and Piglet are in a creepy forest with a full moon at night. Pooh is flying a bat kite and piglet brewing a potion in a cauldron.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Artemisia Thorne
No broom

Post by Artemisia Thorne »

Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

Original Cover - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

Redesigned Cover - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

The original cover shows the protagonist of the book, Jane Eyre, dressed in a hat and vintage clothes, with a sad and contemplative look on her face. Jane Eyre, the protagonist in the novel is seemingly a "plain Jane". The novel is about the challenges that she faces through life as a seemingly plain girl from childhood to adulthood.
I redesigned the cover to give it a Halloween makeover, turned plain Jane Eyre into a quirky and spooky vampire, and named her "Jane Vampyre" as a pun. I gave her the lips and teeth of a vampire and a glass of blood to drink from. Plain Jane Eyre is now no longer plain, she is now very mysterious and also dangerous.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.

Return to “Ink Splatters”