February Prompt-Books Within Books

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

February Prompt-Books Within Books

Post by Emily Spencer »

We're all familiar with them-books mentioned in books. Take, for example, Most Potente Potions by Phineas Bourne that was mentioned in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Your task this month is a simple one. Design a cover for a book within a book. Remember, it doesn't have to be from the world of Harry Potter, though that is certainly an excellent place to start.

Please post your entries below to receive credit. Please keep the graphics to 600x600 or less -- and make sure that all submissions are HOL appropriate. If you post a graphic, please write a brief description of what it is underneath.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: February Prompt-Books Within Books

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Book within a book; Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Re: February Prompt-Books Within Books

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I chose the encyclopaedia that Emily Wilde is busy working on in Emily Wilde’s Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett. The book cover is ‘made of’ deep blue blue canvas with some stars and space gasses showing through to give it a slight otherworldly feel. There are silver lines (one thin, one thick) running vertically on the far left. The pair of lines also appears in the opposite corners. The title “Encyclopaedia of Faeries” is in large text, with “Emily Wilde” in smaller text. The wording is enclosed in a thin outlined rectangle, which in turn is enclosed in a thicker rectangle.

Return to “Ink Splatters”