December Prompt-True Colors

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

December Prompt-True Colors

Post by Emily Spencer »

Winter is fast approaching and with it the stark beauty of the season. Autumn's russet and golds are giving way to winter's majestic greys and frosty blues. Whatever the season, the world is awash in colors of many brilliant hues. This extraordinary palette is what we celebrate this month, through literature, of course.

The prompt this month is simple. Find a book title that has a color in it (ie: The Scarlet Letter) and design an appropriately colored book cover. Alternately, come up with your own colorful title and design a cover around that concept.

Please post your entries below to receive credit. Please keep the graphics to 600x600 or less -- and make sure that all submissions are HOL appropriate. If you post a graphic, please write a brief description of what it is underneath.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: December Prompt-True Colors

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I decided to create my own cover book. It has color 'Silver' on the title.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

This is a blue castle on the cover of the book The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery.
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

The image shows the book The Color Purple by Alice Walker. The cover resembles old collection covers with a minimalist design. Its background is deep purple with light purple flower designs. In the middle and a little to the top you've a plaque that's dark beige with the title and author.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

Book cover design for the book "The Grey Lady" by Henry Seton Merriman.

This book cover has a grey background to represent the title and a sketch of a lady behind the title of the book to further elaborate the title. There's also a feather to the right side of the book's title and the author's name at the bottom.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I’ve chosen Red Moon by Kim Stanley Robinson. The foreground consists of stylised dunes in varying shades of red, pink and peach, and each outlined in white. A moon is tucked between the last two dunes and sits off-centre.

Above is the title in a large serif font with the author’s name just below in a smaller font, both in desaturated red.

Return to “Ink Splatters”