October Prompt-Heroes & Villains

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

October Prompt-Heroes & Villains

Post by Emily Spencer »

Many good writers will swear that in order to have a proper story, you need both a hero and a villain. I am far from being a published author, so who am I to disagree, right?! But that's not to say that the script cannot be flipped on its head. Who says that heroes are always the 'good' characters and the villain is always the 'bad'. I rather respectfully disagree. To take it a step further, who says that there has to be a clear division between the two at all?! Imagine the possibilities! That's where you come in!

There are several options for this month's prompt:

Option 1:
Reimagine a book cover where the roles are flipped. Maybe the traditional good character is suddenly the villain or vice versa. Think Dracula feeding baby lambs while Jon Harker Is trying to kill the shepherd. Extreme, yes, but you get the point :)

Option 2:
Create a book cover/title of your own that shows either a role twist as discussed above or the merging of good/bad with no clear delineation between the two.

Please post your entries below to receive credit. Please keep the graphics to 600x600 or less -- and make sure that all submissions are HOL appropriate. If you post a graphic, please write a brief description of what it is underneath.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: October Prompt-Heroes & Villains

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Option 1: Book with Harry Potter as a villain in the Wizarding World.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Re: October Prompt-Heroes & Villains

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

The original has Anduin (left) as a wielder of the Light and Sylvanas (right) as a wielder of Death. I flipped the two so Anduin is consumed by Shadow and Void and Sylvanas is now Light-blessed represented by the purple (Shadow/Void) and yellow (Light).

Return to “Ink Splatters”