An Artist's Guide to World-Building

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

An Artist's Guide to World-Building

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Welcome back to Ink Splatters! The Bookshelf and Between the pages are focusing on World Building this term, giving you a chance to get up close and personal with what went into creating your favourite fictional places. Here and on Quill and Ink, we’re passing the pen to you. It’s time to create your own world.

We have 5 interlinked art prompts and another 5 writing prompts for you to complete that should give you at least some of the building blocks you need for the foundations of your world. You can complete as many or as few as you like.

These prompts, just like our library of prompts, are worth 20 beans each. They also count towards the 7 prompts you need to complete to earn our Ink Splatters Award at year’s end. While our celebration of world-building technically ends at the end of January when we pick another theme, you can complete these prompts whenever you feel like it. If you want them to count towards your chances of earning the award for a particular year though, we’ll need them by the end of June of that year.

The Prompts:
Part 1: Map it Out (Geography)
Part 2: Bricks and Mortar (architecture)
Part 3: What to Wear
Part 4: Food, Glorious Food
Part 5: Fun and Games
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Ink Splatters”