Prompt: On Display

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Prompt: On Display

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

We all have books that we think everyone else absolutely must read. But sometimes it takes more than a recommendation or a glowing review to capture people’s attention. When book shops or publishers are trying to promote a new book they use novelty displays to draw people in, so why shouldn’t we?

For this prompt, we’d like you to design a display to advertise your favourite book (or series). This could be an actual themed shelf for the books themselves, a pop-up style stand or even a life-size standee of one of the characters. Whatever it is, it should be fun, novel and above all eye-catching.

Your work needs to be original: taking something off the internet and claiming it as your own is plagiarism. Remember to keep everything HOL appropriate, adhering to all HOL rules, and please keep your submissions 600x600 pixels or smaller. Please also include a short description of your image.

You'll earn 20 beans for completing this prompt as well as it counting towards the chance to snag our shiny Ink Splatters Award.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your image and description to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Ink Splatters”