Favorite Books - Different Covers

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Favorite Books - Different Covers

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Amy just received a copy of a book and it's a favorite book of mine and I was so delighted she got it! Thing is, she showed me a picture of what she got and it has a different cover than what my book has!

This is the cover of the book she received

My book has this cover

I'm so tempted to get that book, the edition that she has, just to have the cover. Why? Because it so clearly, and accurately, illustrates a key part of the story.

Anyone have any books that they have in their own library and found out that the book is reissued and has another cover that you either love (or despise)? Do you get that other book just for the cover (if you love it)? Do you sneer at the 'new' cover and appreciate what you have if you really detest that new cover? Or do you just notice that they are different and go on your way?

Show us books that you have, and the cover you love (or the cover you despise but it was the only thing available so you got it anyway) and what other options there are. Say why you like (or despise) them if you want. If showing us pictures, please remember to keep your graphics to 600 x 600 or less! Thank you.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Favorite Books - Different Covers

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Sadly, I have a set of books the covers of which are definitely not my cup of tea, although I love the series! What books are these, you might ask?

It's a little known group of books - something about Harry Potter .. something ....

I have the covers from the second row down. (I sort of like the cover of the last book, though.)

But if I were to get another set of these books (my fourth book has already fallen apart), I'd look for something with covers from the first row preferably with second option maybe the third row.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Ink Splatters”