NaNoWriMo

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Re: NaNoWriMo

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

Unfortunately I won't be participating this year, but I really enjoyed last year's one. I managed about 12k words in the end and absolutely loved the camaraderie at the write-ins. For anyone thinking of participating, I'd definitely recommend giving it a go. You might end up surprising yourself.
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Yes, I do know that it is August. Yes, I know that I am never able to finish anything I start. And yes, I'm going to try to write 50,000 words in November. I feel like it could be possible if I do a few writing sprints (I think they exist. Just where you write for a set period of time and do nothing else). I currently don't have an idea for a plot, but I'm guessing it will sort of just come to me one night as an idea that is really crazy and needs to be worked on a lot before I can actually start writing. I usually don't like fantasy, but I think you can do no wrong when writing it. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a try. I'll most likely write some sort of romance, though. Is anybody else thinking of participating (I know it may be early enough that nobody else is even thinking about it)? Do you guys have ideas for what you want to write about?
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I will be as usual, heading up my Region again. :) I may well change my mind but I think I'll be working on the story I started for HOL's version (HOLWriMo) many moons ago. It's a light hearted adventure fantasy with a bit of romance - a nice break after the high concept fantasy I'm working on right now.

Yes, you can do word sprints and word wards where the goal is to write as much as possible in a certain amount of time. You can also do word crawls, like the ones we have on this board.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

I actually had attempted NaNoWriMo a few times in the past and never got past the first week. But I am wanting to pursue writing in some way, so I'm actually thinking of trying again. I have...not plots, but ideas, which both have secret pinboards. And I feel like they couldn't be any more different from each other. So I guess that's what I'll devote September to - figuring out which plot/idea I wanna do!

Return to “Quill and Ink”