April Prompt: Delightful Duos

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

April Prompt: Delightful Duos

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

April is traditionally a month of mischief and we of Book Club celebrate Fred and George, the quintessential 'mischief makers'. Unlike our March 'Thriller' theme, April goes to the light side, and comedy.

Have you encountered a duo in other books, where they delight in 'lightening the woes' and add to the spice of life? People with a penchant towards jokes, games and mischief?

What instances of 'Fred and George' in the Harry Potter books reminded you of things that happened in other books (or vice versa)?

When I write that, I think of Tommy and Tuppence, in the Agatha Christie stories. They were a duo of quite lovely detective skills, but they also had a sense of humour and an enjoyment of life which reminds me of Fred and George.

Your write-up needs to be at least 200 words to count towards Beans (and any possible award)! If you post a graphic, please keep it to 600x600 or smaller, and write a brief description underneath what the graphic depicts.

You will receive 20 Beans when you post. Any replies in here, through the school year, will be credited towards a possible award. As always, please keep to HOL appropriate sources for your post.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your story to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).

Remember to click preview before posting to look for spelling and grammatical errors -- or see if auto-correct changed what you wanted to write to something entirely else!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Re: April Prompt: Delightful Duos

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

Max and Hope were a really good duo in A Pug's Tale. Max is an adorable pug and Hope is Max's pupsitter. The book was about them trying to find this famous painting that was missing from the museum where Hope works. She got Max to come with her and help solve the mystery. They worked really well together because Max could sniff around and smell stuff out of place. Hope could look around and try to find as many clues as she could.

One time Max was sniffing around and he saw the fake painting down in the department where Hope worked so he barked. Hope came over and asked, “What's this?” Then she took the painting over to her work station and she called up her boss and her boss could tell that it was a fake one.

Max could tell from bad people from good people and good people from bad people. Like at the beginning of the story, Max barked at the person who had stolen the painting but he didn't bark at Hope because Hope wasn't a bad person. Max also barked at the “private investigator” who was also working for the lady who stole the painting.

I fell in love with Max in this story and if I ever get a pug, I'll name it Max. :wub:
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: April Prompt: Delightful Duos

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Legolas and Gimli from The Lord of the Rings. I really love their friendship.

Return to “Between the Pages”