February Prompt: HP Love and Relationships

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

February Prompt: HP Love and Relationships

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

February means many things to many people. One of the more prevalent themes of February, in many areas of the world, centers around Valentine's Day. A theme of 'love is in the air'.

How does this apply to the stories of the boy wizard Harry Potter? What did you encounter in the books which might apply itself to Valentine's Day in the Harry Potter world? (I immediately remember the movie, where Argus Filch is dancing with Mrs. Norris. He was truly dedicated to her!) Was there something which stayed constant through all the books, or some amazing development which suddenly manifested in the later books? Or was there something in the HP books reminding you of any similar stories in other books, whether Harry Potter books or not?

Your write-up needs to be at least 200 words to count towards Beans (and any possible award)! If you post a graphic, please keep it to 600x600 or smaller, and write a brief description underneath what the graphic depicts.

You will receive 20 Beans when you post. Any replies in here, through the school year, will be credited towards a possible award. As always, please keep to HOL appropriate sources for your post.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your story to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).

Remember to click preview before posting to look for spelling and grammatical errors -- or see if auto-correct changed what you wanted to write to something entirely else!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Re: February Prompt: HP Love and Relationships

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I made a collage of different kinds of love.
I picked the picture with the pug in it because it made me think that the owner loved their pug.
I picked the heart lollipops because it made me think that the people that were holding them loved each other.
I picked the picture of the french bulldog because I love french bulldogs.
I picked the cat because it looked like the cats loved each other.

Return to “Between the Pages”