Real Life reminders of books

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Real Life reminders of books

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Has it ever been that you have been quietly (or not so quietly) going about your Real Life and suddenly something reminds you of something in a book so strongly that you are, for a moment, thrown into that story?

Last week I saw my first dandelion flower here. Immediately, I remembered The Hunger Games (by Suzanne Collins) and the whole scene where she saw the dandelion flower and knew that she and her mother and sister were not going to starve. Then the scene went to Peeta, (winding backwards in the story) and him throwing the loaf of bread towards her. Pouring rain. He'd burned it on purpose so that his mother told him to feed it to the pig (and beat him).
To this day, I can never shake the connection between this boy, Peeta Mellark, and the bread that gave me hope, and the dandelion that reminded me that I was not doomed.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Between the Pages”