No broom

Book review - The Hidden Crown

Post by Viviana Kingston »

Title: The Hidden Crown
Author: K.E. Blair
Genre: young adult fantasy
Rating: 4/5
Page count: (ebook) 288 pages
Category: Self-published, first book of a series but can be read as a standalone
Age rating: young adult
Warnings: mild kissing

Synopsis:
Anslee wants to settle down after years of hiding from her past and when a charming Lord Avery Varrock comes into the picture, she should be happy but he brings more than just riches and the life she wanted to the picture when the kingdom’s missing princess reappears. After finding the hidden missing crown that everyone is looking for, Anslee is at crossroads - does she have the courage to face the truth she uncovered or will she return to her life of hiding?

Comments + opinion:
The cover is really beautiful and fits the story entirely! This author spoiled me with this reviewer copy. Perspectives can be deceiving as we’re given multiple POVs trying to uncover what’s really going on in the kingdom Anslee lives in, and I quite fancied Avery. He gave off more charming and caring Draco vibes but I’m not sure how to imagine him in my head considering descriptions of his hair which I’m sure can be understood when you decide to give this a read. I do think there’s a bit of a love triangle and I enjoy the fact that romance is the subplot while Anslee coming to terms with everything is the main agenda!
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier

Return to “The Bookshelf”