No broom

Book review - Skyborne Hearts

Post by Viviana Kingston »

Title: Skyborne Hearts
Author: Joel Poe
Genre: steampunk, dystopian fiction, adventure
Rating: 2/5
Page count: (ebook) 168 pages
Category: Self-published, first book of a series but can be read as a standalone
Age rating: 13 - 18 years (I’d prefer to say 13+)
Warnings: poor execution

Synopsis:

Elara, Orion and Gideon must navigate treacherous skies on a quest to unearth the lost city of Luminaera, a quest that carries them closer to danger - and to each other. With the menacing Clockwork Syndicate closing in, their journey becomes a thrilling race against time, and the stakes have never been higher.

Comments + opinion:

I was eagerly anticipating the read and so glad I managed to snag a reviewer copy. The cover was lovely and the author had released a song with the same name as the book so listening to the song really set the ambience for the book as well. The characters were lovable and worth rooting for, the storyline is amazing but there were major inconsistencies and errors that I couldn’t help but notice that discredited the hype of the book. I had to reread several parts to get a better understanding, maybe I was a bit too critical because I’m a writer myself, but they could be easily overlooked just for the sake of enjoyment - which is why I suggest that the book is given a try. The book might not be my favourite but there were memorable elements to the story that’s undeniable! It’s fast-paced and can be binged very easily.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier

Return to “The Bookshelf”